Room for Rent and other rental scams
#376053 by Koningin Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:25 pm
This is the 4th scam in 2 weeks that my daughter has come across - obviously easier to scam people from another country - check my other posts - all are in The Netherlands and targeting people who apply from another country and cannot visit the rental. Total scambags!

FIRST EMAIL
Hello,

My name is Nicole Amann, I'm 45 years old from Germany - Berlin. I apologize for my bad English, it will be great if you can write me in english or germany language, i don't speak netherlands, sorry. The address of the apartment is: Weteringschans 207, 1017 XH Amsterdam, Netherlands. The place have all utilities that you need, including airconditioning, the kitchen is fully equipped. Everything is included in the price of 600 EUR per month, also you must know that you have to pay me extra 600 EUR as a warranty fee, which will be full refunded when the rental contract ends. I am the only owner of the apartment.
I am renting the place because my son just finished the studies in Netherland, and now he will come back in Germany to open a small business, so the place will be available since me and my family are based in Germany. I am sure you will have a greattime in our place !
I wait your answer in order to give you more informations.

Thank you

2nd EMAIL
The apartment has 2 bedrooms and a parking space that is included in the rental price.
Thank you for your interest in my apartment. I`m in Germany at my house. I must tell you that i have many peoples who are interested in the apartment but i want to rent it to the right person. For the moment i don't have a person available in Netherland to show you the apartment but this will not be a problem, i will send you the keys to visit and examine the apartment. You must know that you can rent the property from one year for up to twenty years. As I said in the first message, i ask for 2 months in advance (1 month + 1 month as warranty = € 1200.00). If we close the contract we will do it through a third party transactions (www.airbnb.com/trust) so we can both feel safe. I`m going to explain the process in my next message if you are interested.

Thank you.
Advertisement