Room for Rent and other rental scams
#376115 by Michelle Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:02 pm

At this point we will like to say “Congratulations" We are happy to take you as our new tenant. We are satisfied with your Application and also believe l can put my trust in you in terms of taking good care of the house. We can also let you stay in the House till the period of time you wish to.We will Schedule a good time ,maybe when we are less busy to pay you a visit after you have moved in, to see how the maintenance is. However if you are ready to rent the house now then that will not be a problem but i will advice you to provide the payment for the refundable security deposit of $1,450 now. So i can hold the house for you pending when you are ready to move in, as soon as the payment is been confirmed ,i will send the keys and document of the house to you via FED-EX courier services on a next day delivery to your current house address (7308 Florence Avenue Apt 7, Downey CA 90240). So you can have access to view the interior of the house asap. Meanwhile the package will be addressed Jada Lien Brimmer & Marlon Bruce Brimmer

I wish you best of luck in your Job, from what i saw in your application ,you must be a very responsible and hard working person, may the almighty Lord guide and protect you in whatever you do. AMEN!

Here are the contents in the package that will be sent to you through FedEx

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys.
2) Paper/Permanent House form (Containing your reference details)..
3) The House documented file.
4) Payment Receipt.
5) Signed Lease Agreement Form (sign on both copies and send one back to me)

Please promise me you are going to take good care of my house. Kindly get back to me today so I will give you instructions on how to make the payment. Please note that the deposit is fully refundable you will love everything about this lovely home.

I await your reply ASAP.?

-Mihwa Kim
(424) 271-5897

Attached is the acceptance letter. download the attachment if you need to have a hard copy of it.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement