Room for Rent and other rental scams
#377075 by Michelle Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:04 am

The only thing, is that I'm currently in England for new project and for the moment as I told you.

However, I hope this will not change your intentions to rent my apartment because we can still reach an agreement. We can do this transaction through Airbnb.

In this way, you will receive the keys in less than 48 hours to inspect the apartment and you will be able to view the apartment without any obligations to rent it.

I will pay all the transaction costs. To avoid any misunderstanding I will be gladly to explain you step by step how the viewing procedure works:
To reserve the apartment I need some details :
. When would you like to move in(exact date) :
. Period of the contract:
. Adults
. Children:
. Name:
. Address:
. City:
. Zip code:
. Country:
. Cell phone number:
. A copy of your ID,passport or driving license by email ( scan or photo) for inspection and to prepare all necessary papers for you to become a future tenant.

Once I get your details, I will contact Airbnb with them to start the transaction. They will send you an invoice and further information regarding the rental, along with payment instructions to secure the booking.

The deposit consists of first month's rent (€750) and the security deposit ( €1.000 ) and is just to reserve the apartment
and not a commitment. You have full payment control until you will check the apartment.

After you pay the deposit, the inspection time will be settled (you just tell them on which date you're available) and within 2 days, the agent will come to show you the apartment and help you with all the formalities so you can live in the apartment.

If you will be satisfied with the apartment, you can move there in the same day. All you have to do is to sign the rental contract and Airbnb will release the payment
to me.

I'm quite confident you will like the apartment, but if not, you still have the option to cancel, and get your deposit back from the agent, immediately.
Also, in case you're tied up in another contract and cannot move in immediately, we can arrange the viewing now, and reserve the apartment for you.

I would appreciate a quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.

Thank you

Caroline Ide

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement