Room for Rent and other rental scams
#377513 by Michelle Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for your text regarding my apartment, my apartment is still available for rent. I would like to tell you somethings about myself, My names are De La Cruz Antonio, I am originally from California, i graduated from university of Michigan USA, I have been moving around with my job from one state to another for the past few years back (CALIFORNIA,DENVER,LAS VEGAS,FLORIDA, TEXAS ), but few yrs ago, i decided to settle down here, so that is why i bought this apartment and i have all the necessary documents to prove it to you that i own it, let me say I'm a loving and trustworthy person who is respectful to kids and pets and honest, caring, I'm About as laid back & easy going as can be. I work as a Senior Android Developer. I can explain the job in more detail if you want, but trust me, it doesn't get any more exciting. I am neat and clean, but not obsessive about it. I guess I have a “you use it, you clean it” way of looking at things. I don’t smoke and I don’t have a pet but I'm pet friendly, so I wish to offer out my apartment to someone who is clean freak to help me take a very good care of my apartment while am away, the apartment is clean and fully equipped with a lovely kitchen, washing machine, bathtub, dish washer and internet. Room is furnished with bed accommodating two people and have a private bathroom and toilet, The apartment is in a very trendy and central neighborhood in Tacoma , offering a range of bars, restaurants, transport stations, clubs, schools and weekend markets, all only a few minutes away, there is also a living/dining room available. Here are some details of my apartment you should know:

FLAT ADDRESS: 29 Saint Helens Ave, Tacoma. WA 98402
BEDROOM: One Bedroom
BATHROOM: One Bathroom
KITCHEN: Yes
LIVING ROOM/DINING ROOM: Yes
RENT AMOUNT/Per month including all utility bills: $850
REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT: $850
FURNISHED: Yes (fully furnished)
PETS: allowed ( clean cat and dog allowed ) no fee for pets.
MINIMUM PERIOD: 1 month
MAXIMUM PERIOD: 4 years
AVAILABILITY: Immediately.

I HAVE SOME FEW QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
1. How old are you?
2. When are you looking to move in?
3. Where are you right now? Are you in Tacoma or you just want to travel here?
3. How long do you want to rent it for?
4. Tell me a bit about yourself and back it up with some pictures.
5. What do you do for a living?

Any interested tenant will be living alone in there and won't be sharing anything with anybody (unless you are moving in with a partner or a friend). I will be very glad if you can get back to me with some information about yourself too, as i stated about myself above, so i can know something about you too. It is not the money that is the main problem, that is why the price of my apartment is so low, to rent an apartment in Tacoma is highly cost, as for me, i do not mean to make things hard for people who doesn't have much money on them and wants to live in the city because i have a good job and i am satisfied with the pay, i only need someone who is responsible and will help me take a very good care of my apartment and keeping my apartment tidy all the time in my so that I will be glad to see it neat is all what i care about.

NOTE: PRESENTLY I'M OUT OF TACOMA, THE COMPANY I WORK WITH HAVE JUST TRANSFERRED ME THERE TO SUPERVISED A NEW PROJECT GOING ON THERE, SO THAT IS WHY I'M LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT PERSON TO TAKE CARE OF MY APARTMENT.

Let me know what you think. Although I might not know the kind of person you are but I believe even knowing you before moving in doesn't mean I would know if you have any hidden bad behavior or something, but i have the feeling and the believe that you will never disappoint me, i only want you to behave yourself in my apartment and please help me take a very good care of it.

Also note that all bills are included in the rent.

Kindly let me know if you will be interested in renting my apartment so we can proceed further. Thank you.

Regards,
Cruz Antonio

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement