Room for Rent and other rental scams
#378108 by Michelle Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:25 pm
[email protected]

Thanks for your mail and i do appreciate all information you provided, I must tell you the truth after reading your email with my wife she immediately accepted you to be our tenant out of all emails (applicants) we got and she said I must not rent the house to someone else than you because she believe strongly that you will take good care of our home, so we believe that you will take a very good care of our home . I will like you to promise us that you will take good care of the house, the keys and document to the house are all with us here, please once again i will like you reassure me that you will take good care of our house and we will be glad when we visit by June 2019 and see you are doing well with our house.

All we want from you is to send us (one month rent plus security deposit) and I will send out the keys and documents to you via FedEx express delivery as overnight express shipment which will take less than 10hrs to get to you and you can move into the house as soon as possible, you will be making the payment to me here via western union or money gram. All appliances in the house are working perfectly well which i know you wouldn't need to do anything in the house for now.

Here are the contents of the document:

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent house form (Containing your reference details)
3) The house documentary files
4) Payment Receipt
5) Full address and description of the house.

I will like you to get back to me so that i can send to you the information that you will need to make payment to me, I have forwarded your information to the shipping company already but need to reconfirm (FedEx Courier Service), so i hope to hear from you soon

NOTE THAT THE SECURITY DEPOSIT IS REFUNDABLE IN-CASE YOU DON’T LIKE THE HOUSE. The deposit made is fully refundable should in case you finally gain entrance into the house after receiving the keys and documents and feel unsatisfied or uncomfortable with the interior, but i am giving you a benefit of doubt that you will love everything about this lovely and beautiful home and is ready for move in. The deposit will be refunded in less than 1hr after you request for it. You are advice to act fast on this so you don't loose the house to other interested applicants. Get back to me via email immediately after reading this message.

Thanks and Remain Blessed. I hope to hear from you soonest.

Regards,
God Bless You,
Robert Shepard & Family..

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil...."Proverbs 3: 5-7.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement