Room for Rent and other rental scams
#378913 by Michelle Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:59 pm
Per Kollstad <[email protected]>

Thanks for your notice. After we reviewed your request me and my wife decided to rent the flat to you. You seem to be a nice person and I can assure you we will not have any kind of problems. Everything in the place is in good condition and renovated but just in case repairs are needed I will cover the costs no worries.
Obviously, you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details because you cannot rent an apartment that you haven't seen. I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see if it suits your needs.
The delivery for the keys and lease agreement will be made through HomeAway real estate agency (https://www.fewo-direkt.de) to make sure that we can trust each other. This is an international rentals company which offer safe rentals solutions in more than 190 countries. More information on this company can be found at (https://www.fewo-direkt.de )
You will have to deposit to HomeAway one month rent + two-month damage deposit, a total of CHF 3'300, all bills included. You don't need to open an account with HomeAway because this transaction is a long-term rental transaction and the Landlord must open the transaction.
Here is the procedure explained :
1 - To start the process all I need is your full info (full name, shipping address and a cell phone number where you can be reached)
2 - I will deposit the keys and the contract in your name as the intended receiver.
3 - HomeAway will check the package to see if everything is in order and also the legal papers that will come along with the keys and proof of ownership with their Real Estate Professional Department. They will also confirm with the building management that I'm the legal owner of the apartment I'm renting to you.
4 - HomeAway will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the keys and the papers in their custody. They will also send you all the payment instructions to complete the rental transaction.
5 - At this point, you will have to make a money deposit on the HomeAway for the amount we agreed.
6 - After you make the deposit you will have to send payment confirmation to HomeAway.
7 - HomeAway will verify the transfer and if everything is ok they will start the delivery through licensed shipping company such as DHL or UPS. The delivery will take 2-3 business days.
8 - After you receive the package, you will go and check the apartment and in 5 business days (inspection time) you must contact HomeAway to inform them if you keep the apt or not, if everything is alright you will inform HomeAway to forward the funds to my account. If you don`t like the apartment the payment will be full refunded to you. HomeAway can NOT release the funds without your approval. Also, the inspection time of 5 days will start from the moment you will be in the building.
Using HomeAway Online Payments involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and HomeAway as a responsible third party authorized to handle this transaction. HomeAway Online Payments works the same way as the escrow account on which you place the deposit when you rent an apartment. Of course, nobody can take that money until you will sign the lease agreement.
You need to know everything about the process before we get this started. I think is right for both of us.
P.S. Attached to this email you will find a copy of my identity documents and some pictures so you can get an idea of the person behind the email.
Per K.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or Notification -- Make no mistake, the Document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement