Room for Rent and other rental scams
#49579 by polysistra1998 Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:20 pm
Hello ,
Thanks for your response, I am Bills Gates the owner of the Apartment you are making inquiry of. I used to stay in the Apartment not until i left for United States Of America for a construction job with Total/Elf, (I'm a construction engineer) and i am now Happily married and we are currently on our Honey Moon. I will be in Florida,USA for five years so presently my apartment is much available for rent and all utilities included, it is furnished and i don't mind "PETS". Pls i want you to note that, I am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property, so i will solicit for your absolute maintainance of this apartment. Hope you understand that it is not the rent that is my problem but i want you to keep it tidy at all times, hope we have an understanding.

I want a tenant i can trust so i will ask for you to tell me more about yourself. We will be Staying in USA now that is why I have made up my mind to put up all my apartment for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?

Apartment Address : 142/6 Dockside Ln, Auckland Central 1010, New Zealand
RENT FEE: $400 nzd per month, Bond Deposit $600 nzd (refundable)

Amenities:
Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Stove, Freezer/Deep Freeze, Fridge, Microwave, Washer, Washer/Dryer Hookups, Water/Sewer
Parking:
Automatic Garage
Security Alarm/Door

Interior:
Free Internet
Fireplace (wood burning)
Hardwood
Storage Area/Room
Walk-In Closets

I want you to provide answers to the application below:

*******FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM******
( Private and Confidential )

Date:
Full name of Tenant:
Home Phone:
Date of Birth:
Sex :
Occupation
Marital Status?
Present Address:
How long at this address?
Rent?
How Many Month Rent Are You Willing To Pay ( First 1month rent + Bond Deposit = $1000 nzd ) or If You Pay ( First 2month rent + Bond Deposit = $1400 nzd) And Get 1 Month Free...So which one do you prefer ?
Reason for moving?Present Occupation:
How many people will be living in the home?
Move in Date?

......................................................................................................................
TERMS AND CONDITION:
~The lease is month to month , 6 month or 1yrs and can be renewed
~It can be rented furnished or unfurnished
~ You will have to take good care of my home
~Utilities are included in the rent
~Pets Allowed

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible.

Thanks

Mr & Mrs Gates

--- On Thu, 3/24/11, Reply to Gumtree Ad (from @hotmail.com) <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Reply to Gumtree Ad (from @hotmail.com) <[email protected]>
Subject: Reply to your "Spacious stunning furnished one bedroom apartment in auckland" Ad on Gumtree
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 2:11 AM

Hello! The following is a reply to your "Spacious stunning furnished one bedroom apartment in auckland" Ad on Gumtree:

Hi am very interested in your apartment. I work on Graham Street, for Auckland Council and wanting to rent in CBD.

Mod Edit: I took out what looks like your email address. ~Bubbles
Advertisement

#49600 by Bubbles Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:25 am
Thank you for posting this for others to find polysistra1998. You have a genuine scammer.

Welcome to ScamWarners!

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#51958 by louis Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:12 am
Hello ,

Thanks for your response, I am James Williams the owner of the Apartment you are making inquiry of. I used to stay in the Apartment not until i left for Paris France for my Honeymoon, but now am in west africa for a construction job with Total/Elf, (I'm a construction engineer) and i am Happily married and we are currently In West Africa For My Job. I will be in West Africa for Two years But Will Move Down To United State to Head the Engineering Dept of my present company In Jacksonville Florida (USA), so i will be away for 6years. so presently my apartment is much available for rent and all utilities included, it is furnished and i don't mind "PETS". Pls i want you to note that, I am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property, so i will solicit for your absolute maintainance of this apartment. Hope you understand that it is not the rent that is my problem but i want you to keep it tidy at all times, hope we have an understanding.

I want a tenant i can trust so i will ask for you to tell me more about yourself. We will be Staying in West Africa now that is why I have made up my mind to put up all my apartment for rent to whom ever that will take good care of it. Also how long do you intend to stay? How soon do you intend to move in?

Apartment Address : 142/6 Dockside Ln, Auckland Central 1010, New Zealand
RENT FEE: $400 NZD per month, Bond Deposit $600 NZD (refundable)

Amenities:
Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Stove, Freezer/Deep Freeze, Fridge, Microwave, Washer, Washer/Dryer Hookups, Water/Sewer
Parking:
Automatic Garage
Security Alarm/Door

Interior:
Free Internet
Fireplace (wood burning)
Hardwood
Storage Area/Room
Walk-In Closets

I want you to provide answers to the application below:

*******FILL THE RENT APPLICATION FORM******
( Private and Confidential )

Date:
Full name of Tenant:
Home Phone:
Date of Birth:
Sex :
Occupation
Marital Status?
Present Address:
How long at this address?
Rent?
How Many Month Rent Are You Willing To Pay ( First 1month rent + Bond Deposit = $1000 NZD) or If You Pay ( First 2month rent + Bond Deposit = $1400 NZD) And Get 1 Month Free...So which one do you prefer ?
Reason for moving?Present Occupation:
How many people will be living in the home?
Move in Date?

......................................................................................................................
TERMS AND CONDITION:
~The lease is month to month , 6 month or 1yrs and can be renewed
~It can be rented furnished or unfurnished
~ You will have to take good care of my home
~Utilities are included in the rent
~Pets Allowed

Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible.

Thanks

Mr & Mrs Williams
#51959 by louis Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:18 am
We replied stupidly, and this was the response. It also included pictures of the apartment and an official looking tenancy agreement to be filled out. They also tried phoning us from a Nigerien number. We obviously realised at this point that something wasn't right, we googled the address and it led us to this website!

Hi ******,
Thanks very much for your reply and also I can see your willingness in our house. I and my wife are so much happy that your application is been approved and accepted as our new tenant. I have decided to let you live in my apartment. This wonderful great fully furnished apartment is available now and also we will send the keys/document of the house to you via DHL Courier Service on next day delivery to the address you send to me and the tracking number will be sent to you. Once the payment is been confirmed. Please once again, we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us, and I promise you that you will love the house. So I am with the below document here with me, and I will like to know whether you are ready for the payment so i can send you the details on how you will be making the payment so i can have the keys and the document send down to you as soon as possible.

Here are the contents of the document.

1)Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)
3)The house documentary file.
4)Payment Receipt.
5)Full address and description of the house

You will be sending the First And Second Month Rent + Bond Deposit payment which is $1400 NZD .. Let me know if I can forward my details for you to send the deposit through any western union money transfer outlet closer to you.

So please get back to me today so we can move forward.

Regards and God Bless You

Thanks

Mr & Mrs Williams
#52068 by renaissance1710 Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:57 pm
Thanks to everyone on this site you have saved me and my partner from being victims of this scam, so much for the con artist james williams being a honest man.
I knew something was wrong and that is why i had to google the address and it came up with this site.
Thanks Again
:D
#52075 by Dotti Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:44 pm
Welcome renaissance,

I'm glad you were able to avoid being scammed. Unfortunately, there are more scams than real offers on many advertising sites these days, so be careful in your search. If you have doubts about any future offers and don't find any information, feel free to stop here and post, and we will do our best to help you out.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#242647 by swright Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:06 am
Hello ,

Thanks for the email,My name is Mary Adeola in respect of my husband who owned the home you are interested in I and my husband used to stay in the place not until he left for West Africa,(NIGERIA ) for a construction job with Total/Elf, (my husband is a construction engineer)  and also want to give it out for rent am looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own we try to look for an agent that we can give the entrance and room keys and necessary document of our apt you need to sign before you move in before we left but could not see because my husband had to leave urgently for his job in West Africa and as well as don't want our house to be used any how in our absence that is why we took it along presently my house is much available for rent and all utilities included, it is furnished but if have your furniture ours would be moved to the storage room and I don't mind "PETS" couple are welcome  . 

RENT: $700

DEPOSIT:$700

ADDRESS: 763 Bay St Toronto, ON M5G 2R3, Canada

************ RENT APPLICATION FORM *************

1)Your Full Name:

2)Your Full Address:

3)Phone Number Number:

4) Sex ?

5)How old are you?:

6)Are you married?:

7)How many people will be living in the apartment?:

8)Do you have a pet?:

9)Do you have a car?:

10)Occupation?:

11)When do you intend moving in : Date ?

12)When do you intend to moving out : Date ?

13)How many months or year contract?:

14)How many months rent can you pay upfront? Minimum ( 1 month rent &Deposit = ) or ( 2 months rent & Deposit = & you get (1) month free ) .so which option do you prefer????

The rent is made very affordable because I am seriously looking for a clean and reliable person to take care of the home. Once again we are not after the money, what we are after is the welfare of our home. I will like you to drive by to the address today to view the exterior of our home for you to get a better view of the building and also see what the neighborhood looks like and get back to me If you loved the location also email back with tenancy application form above filled so we can proceed.Hope you are okay with the rent fee per month which includes hydro,heat, laundry facilities,air condition, internet, electricity and so on. 

Thank  You ,

Mrs Mary Adeola .

Pretty sure this is a scam which is sad bcuz the apartment was too good to be true