Room for Rent and other rental scams
#379334 by Michelle Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:35 pm

Hello,
Now, more details about the apartment and conditions: the rent price is for the entire apartment(nothing shared), 400 pounds per month and for the entire stay is required a security deposit of 700 pounds. All monthly bills for this flat are included in the monthly rent(water,electricity,gas,heating,council tax).
From the photos you can see that the apartment is fully equipped: kitchen (micro,oven,fridge,blender,toaster,washing machine,dishwasher), bath (dryer,towels,sheets), apartment (wi-fi with high speed internet,TV,air conditioning).
The location of the apartment is great, quiet and also close to transportation routes.
My family is the owner of the apartment because my parents bought it for me, so you are renting directly from the owner. I have a minimum renting period of 2 months, and a maximum period of 5 years. We all lived there for 5 years but due to our family business, we decided to move back in our country Germany.
If you can tell me a little better about you, that would be great, so please make a story about you: if you work here, what profession do you have and if you got a working contract, how much would you want to stay, how many guests, if you have pets...

Thank you, Johannes

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or Notification -- Make no mistake, the Document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#379843 by Michelle Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:36 am
"Johannes Derr" <[email protected]>

I will explain exactly how this will work: I will send you the link to my listing on airbnb and you must book the apartment for minimum 2 Months.
You will have to fill up the booking page with your details. After you complete it, you will receive per email the booking confirmation and payment details( from this moment you have 24 hours to complete the payment).
After you solve the payment, you must send me the proof, so I can confirm with airbnb that you made the payment and won the apartment.
When the payment is confirmed by airbnb, in maximum 48 hours, but usually it takes around 24 hours, they will contact you to establish a meeting so you can see the apartment.
When you will go to see the apartment you must decide if you want to stay there or not.
If you want to stay, they will transfer the payment to me and give you the keys with contract for the entire period that you want to stay.
If you don't want to stay, you will get a full refund from airbnb, directly to your bank account.
Let me know if you understand and also if agree so I can send you the link and solve everything.
Also make sure that you have the entire amount in your bank account, for minimum 2 months + deposit (that will be 400 X 2 + 700 = 1500 pounds).
After this first 2 months you will send the rent directly to my bank account, month by month.
Thank you, Johannes

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or Notification -- Make no mistake, the Document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.