Room for Rent and other rental scams
#379554 by Michelle Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:41 am
lingood Yin <[email protected]>:
Hello ,
You seem to be a nice person .
As i told you before , i found an agency who will handle everything ,specialized in international rentals. Is Airbnb Long Rentals. ( Maybe you heard about them since they are very popular ) .

This are the viewing steps :
1 - To start the process i will need your info(full name, delivery address and a cell phone number where you can be reached).
2 - I will go to the Airbnb Long Rentals office (Athens) to deposit the keys and the ownership documents .
3 - Airbnb Long Rentals will send you an invoice notification (via email) with the transaction details to inform you that they have the keys and the documents in their custody.
4 - When you will receive the invoice, you will have to transfer a temporary payment guarantee (one month of rent + the security deposit) to Airbnb Long Rentals, according to the instructions from the invoice. The deposit will be just a formality, and it will not commit you to rent my apartment.
5 - Your payment will remain in the custody of Airbnb Long Rentals until you will check the apartment and move in .
After you will pay the deposit, Airbnb Long Rentals will deliver the keys and the documents to your registered address.
When the keys will be delivered , you will be contacted by the Airbnb Long Rentals to go to my apartment for inspection .
6 - If you will like my apartment, you will sign the contract and you will be able to move when you desire . If you will decide to don't rent my apartment ,Airbnb Long Rentals will refund your full payment .

The entire viewing process will take 2-3 days. I will pay the Airbnb Long Rentals service fees, since is my fault that i cannot come to show you the apartment personally. You must pay the temporary payment guarantee requested by Airbnb Long Rentals. If you will decide to rent my house( after inspection), we will deduct the 1st month of our contract from this payment guarantee.
So you will not have to pay for our first month contract. I will return you the security deposit at the end of our contract ( if everything is fine in the apartment) .

If you need , i can send you a picture of me and my passport for a mutual trust.
I will wait your answer,
Thank you
Urha P.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or Notification -- Make no mistake, the Document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement