Room for Rent and other rental scams
#379713 by Michelle Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:27 am

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in my apartment its still available for rent. I am sure you would be asking yourself why my rent is low, that's because i am not too keen about the money in renting the apartment out but to whom i am renting the apartment out to. My intention is to rent my apartment to someone that is responsible and that would take great care of the apartment as if it were his or hers. We initially had it up for sale but later had a change of mind after we thought.its unwise to sell out this property in a perfect neighborhood as this one. I am very certain that you would love the comfy of the apartment, it is available for short and long term lease.

I would like you to know that i am giving this apartment out for rent because i have relocated to West Africa for a posting as a humanitarian and i would be spending couple of years before i would be through with my assignment. So my family and i have decided that we would be moving to our other home in Seattle, Washington when we get back to the states,i would like you to complete the tenant application form below if you are interested in my apartment and please be honest with the details.

Rent Fees:
Rent Per Month: $750 (Including Utilities)
Security Deposit: $750 (Refundable)

APARTMENT FEATURES:
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1
Sqft: 750
Property type: Apartment
Parking: Yes
Availability: now
Lease term: Contact For Details
Utilities included: electricity, water, gas, internet, cable, garbage

COMPLETE THE TENANT APPLICATION FORM BELOW:
FIRST NAME:
MIDDLE NAME:
LAST NAME:
MARITAL STATUS:
CELL PHONE:
HOME PHONE:
KIDS___ (YES/NO), HOW MANY:
PRESENT ADDRESS:
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND TO MOVE IN:
DO YOU HAVE PET:
DO YOU SMOKE:

After i have received these details above, i would discuss with my wife and let you know my terms and how we would conclude the Lease process so you can move into the apartment asap,feel free to call me anytime on my cell number: (+234) 905 458 3926 .

I hope to hear from you soonest.

Kind Regards.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement