Room for Rent and other rental scams
#379756 by Michelle Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 am
[email protected]

Hello

How are you and your family doing?

Thanks for your interest in renting my house..I'm Matthew Carmen,the owner of the house you are making inquiry about.I really hope i'm not getting back to you very late about the property you want to rent.Actually I resided in the house with my family, my wife and my only daughter before and presently we have moved out due to my transfer from my work I had to leave the state in a hurry due to my recent promotion/job transfer and it involves me working out of the state, so i am currently in Delray Beach,Florida with my family. I got promoted due to the fact that i was really effective in helping out during the time of the hurricanes that affected most part of our beloved country. We are going to concentrate mainly on renting the property on a month to month bases and if we find a tenant who is ready and capable of doing a lease to own after a year of living in the house we would be highly interested also.
To be honest with you we are new in all this because this is the first time we are having to rent out our property personally. We tried using a Realtor but found out the realtor made the rent and deposit too high for the aspiring tenant so you may notice the renting is different in amount to the one earlier posted by my former Realtor, that is the reason why i had to post the property personally with the exact price i know it is suitable for my home. We have made the monthly rent significantly low and affordable and we are also flexible to different ideas the prospective tenant would want to take to payoff the rent and security deposit that would not make the tenant feel renting my home involves lots of money. I am currently working as a counselor and also relief supervisor for the United States Aid for International Development (US-AID) here in Delray Beach,Florida. Please visit https://www.usaid.gov/ and see all the good work we are doing for the country and the world in general. You can also support our mission.I guess by now you should be eager to view the property because it is a lovely home and perfect for every family. So far, we have seen a couple of interested families but we shall rent to the best tenant according to our choice and the specified tenant renting code. The rent is $800 while the security deposit is also $500. The property is ready for immediate move-in and also future move-in..UTILITIES ARE ALREADY INCLUDED IN THE RENT AND WITH OPTION OF 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR OR OPTION OF LEASE TO OWN OR MONTH TO MONTH.Here is the address to my lovely home
233 Cambridge Ave Jersey City, NJ 07307, 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom.. Please read my e-mail carefully before replying to the mail.

PROPERTY INFORMATION

2 Bedroom
2 Bathroom

Jersey City, NJ 07307
County Hudson
Lat/long 40.75095,-74.04542
Parcel ID 1601-28
Old parcel ID 791-290.C
Block 1601
Lot 28
Owner
Name Matthew Carmen & Esther Carmen
Address 233 Cambridge Ave
Jersey City, NJ 07307
Neighborhood
County district Jersey City, Hudson County
Tax account 00103432
Neighborhood Mount Pleasant
Market Value & Taxes
Tax year 2018
Land value $218,500
Building value $304,600
Market value $523,100
Property tax $7,794
Land
Property class Residential (2)
Acreage 0.046
Zoning One and Two-Family Housing (R-1)
Building
Square footage 2,296
Year built 1968
Stories 2
Residential dwellings 2
Exterior structural material Frame

Thanks and God Bless
Matthew Carmen Family.
[email protected]

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement