Room for Rent and other rental scams
#380205 by tkelley0925 Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:01 am
This guy will try to get you to send him money via money gram ASAP!!! Very demanding about getting the money immediately!! I saw on your website where he has used various names. In one posting he is posing as a Reverend. He told me to send money to his attorney in Florida and that he was in Honolulu at this time working. Fortunately with my background and gut feeling I looked up property records and of course the property listed is not owned by him nor anyone named in his clan of scammers! I did not send any money to him and he did call and text me several times. I have blocked him from my phone!!! Please see the below email as it looks just like the one you have posted on here from Reverend Michu. The email that he is using in this one is [email protected]. I did fill out the application and then he replied back. There are two separate emails in this posting. Please beware of both.

Thank you!

T. Kelley

David michu <[email protected]>

Sun, Jan 13, 7:39 AM (5 days ago)

Thanks for your interest. I must confess that i am very very new in this landlord business. My name is David Michu, I own the house located at (3843 Catewright Rd,Kodak, TN 37764) and it is still available for rent. I want a responsible person or family who are neat and also believe that they have all what it takes to take care of the house as if it where there own. Please be informed that i am renting out the house because I was transferred from my place of work to Oklahoma City OK USA and i came over with my lovely wife Trey. We will be here for 4-5 years. I work as a Robotic Programmer & Welder/Fitter and am blessed to be married to a lovely wife who is a member of Joyce Meyer Ministries.

We wanted to sell the house since we will be staying longer than we thought so we searched for an agent and getting upon getting one we stroked a deal but later my wife advised me not to sell the house anymore. I reasoned with her and accepted her advice so we contacted the agent back and requested for our keys and documents and put it for rent since we will be back in the next 4 to 5 years. We would have given the same agent this job also but the truth of the matter is that the agent was asking too much of an agent fee and also made the rent high. We were not getting the responses we needed so i decided to terminated our contract with them and put it up for rent ourselves. If you notice, you will discover that the price we are offering is far below standard price and this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the absolute care for the property. The house is available for as long as you want with a security deposit of $700 and rent of $700 which include utilities such as Air Conditioner Dishwasher Walk-in Closet Refrigerator Vaulted Ceilings Washer/Dryer Cable etc are all included in the rent.

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF
1)Your Full Name________________________
2)Current Address_______________________ ______
3)Phone Number (________)Best time to reach you ?
4)State________________
5)City__________________
6) Zip______________
7)Are you married______________________
8)Do you have Kids__________
9)Do you have a pet______________
10)Do you have a car______________________
11)Occupation______________
12)How many people will be living in the house___________
13)Reasons for Leaving present home_________________
14)How long lease are you looking for______________
15)How soon do you intend moving in________________
16)Date of Birth________________
17)Numbers of Cars________________
18)A picture of occupant________________
19)How soon you make the payment________________
20)How soon do you want to receive the keys/documents________________
============================== ============== =========
Application Comment
============================== ============== =========
Please make sure this questions are filled correctly because the best way you answer with your comment will impress me the more to accept your application.

Feel free to call or text me anytime (513) 491 3631

I await your reply
Sincerely,
David Michu

HIS REPLY!!!!!!!

David michu

7:49 PM (3 hours ago)

Hello,

Thanks so much for the email,I am so excited to read from you.After we received your application form in the email, i had a feeling i have the right person for my house. We will be very happy to have you as our tenant and also we will like to thank you again for the informative reply as your personal data has been documented for further rental paperwork and reference purposes.

The Security Deposit is $700 and now that you have stated that you will be staying for as long as possible, it is okay by us because you seem to be more eligible among our applicants that is why we are considering your interest and forth coming hope you are definitely going to take good care of the house which is our main concern and my only question is that can you make the payment today so that i will proceed with the keys.

My wife and I have decided to accept the payment of the security deposit so as we will be able to send you the keys an document for your move-in.Directly send the security deposit payment to me via Money Gram Money Transfer. This is important because the Security Deposit will be used for the
payment of a postal delivery service to your location through FedEx, as the home delivery details will be forwarded to you in advance. More so, the deposit has to be made to secure the house for yourself. So i will tell any other person contacting me that the house is already rented. Please once again we are giving you this on trust and do solicit not to disappoint us.

The postal package will contain the following documents and items;
1) House Entrance keys and the rooms Keys
2) House Rental form(Containing your reference details)
3) The house documentary file
4) Deposit Receipt .
5) Full address and description of the house.
6) Rent Agreement Form.
7) Payment Receipt

The house vital informative papers and keys will be delivered to your present address : XXXXXXXXX, Marietta GA 30062

Under a receiver's name: T. Kelley & J. Kelley

Re-confirm the above postal delivery information and make any correction if needed. I shall be coming in by the year ending to check on you so that i can know how you are taking care of the house, and if it is okay by me then we can talk about extending the rental terms. Please, once again I am making this rental agreement with you based on trust and hope you do not disappoint us.
Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks.

I hope that all of this helps anyone who is currently in contact with this person or persons. Please beware!!

Best Regards,

T. Kelley
Advertisement

#380206 by Terminator5 Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:41 am
Thanks . Can you please post a direct link to one of his scam Craigslist Ads so we can look at it ?

Daniel 8 :25