Room for Rent and other rental scams
#380746 by Michelle Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:27 am

Thanks for your answer and i will gladly rent you the flat if we can reach an agreement.
I am 53 years old, my profession is Production Manager in the field of endoprosthetics and the company I work for has developed projects all around the world. Now i work in Gibraltar because they have a new project here.
The apartment is vacant so you can move in anytime you want. The utilities (cold/hot water, electricity, Internet, digital TV, 1 parking spot etc.) are included in the price of CHF 690/month. Obviously we need a way to complete this deal, that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
Till a few months back I have rented the flat through Airbnb but it has been quite a hard time for me to come often and check everything. Unfortunately I do not have any friends or relatives in Switzerland and last month I took 3 days off from my job and came to show the apartment to a person that was interested to rent it and when I arrived there he called me, and said that is no longer interested in my apartment. I have lost money and time. Since I would not like to waste time again for nothing, I will require a trial checking before deciding about the flat. You will book the flat for 1-2 days to check the apartment before deciding if you want to rent the flat or not (the security deposit against damage which is required, will be either calculated as coverage for the rent or it is refunded after you check out). After you check the apartment, if you decide to rent it I will personally come and make the arrangements with you (the tenancy contract will be made under Swiss law and regulations). If you agree I will enable my ad again on Airbnb so you can book it.

PS: You will not pay for this days.

Regards,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or Notification -- Make no mistake, the Document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement