Room for Rent and other rental scams
#381216 by Michelle Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:56 am
Stephan Meyer <[email protected]>:

Hello! I am Stephan Meyer, 49 years old, from London / Great Britain. The address of the apartment is: Schäferstraße 2 , 20357 Hamburg, Eimsbüttel and has a capacity of 74 square meters, has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom, with all the facilities you need, the kitchen is fully equipped! Has a parking lot and is included in the monthly rent. All bills (gas, water, energy, internet, TV fees and visitor's tax) are included in the price of 600 EUR per month! In addition, you must know that you will have to pay me an additional 600 EUR as a guarantee fee, which will be fully refunded upon termination of the rental agreement. I am the sole owner of the apartment.
I am renting the place because my son has just finished his studies in Germany and now he is back in the UK to start a small business so the place will be available as I and my family live in London. I am sure you will have a great time with us!

I am waiting for your reply to give you more information about renting the apartment.

Stephan Meyer <[email protected]>

Hello again Frank I will repeat, in the monthly rent are included all the bills, you will pay only the rent, nothing else more. I want to tell you something about pets, are accepted but you must try to keep the furniture clean as normal, i don't say to be new, because i paid a lot of money for the renovation. If you are ready to proceed with the transaction, i need to inform you how this works:
1. The keys of the apartment are in my custody.
2. Airbnb Company will require the deposit confirmation of the first month payment and security deposit (first month of rent + 1 month as warranty(warranty, like i said, you will receive back at the end of the contract) = 1200 EUR). It will be done through the website for our SAFE!!!!
3. After the payment is confirmed, the leasing process begins.
4. Airbnb will contact me and after, i will buy a flight ticket to Germany, to come with the keys and the contracts of the apartment. You will have only two days to check the apartment and to take a decision if you will want to rent it or no.
5. If everything is in order and you decide to rent the apartment Airbnb Company will give me the money after you will sign the contracts of rental. Additional rents will be sent directly to my bank account.
6. If you refuse to rent the apartment, Airbnb Company will give you a full refund.

I want to tell you again, you cannot visit the apartment because the keys are with me, here in United Kindom. I have been explained to you about the process of Airbnb. First you need make the deposit ( 1 month + 1 month warranty ) to Airbnb through the website, to be safe for both of us, because it will be made to Airbnb acccount, not to my account. Then after i will receive the confirmation from Airbnb that the payment was received, i will buy a ticket of flight to Germany, to come with the keys and the contracts, it will takes about 1-2 days to come in Germany. Without the deposit to Airbnb, i can't come in Germany only for some words... If you will not want to rent my apartment, you will receive all the money back from Airbnb.

If you agree with all the process, i will send to you a booking invitation to do all the steps. Before that, i have a few questions for you:
1) How long do you want to make the contract?
2) How many persons will live in my apartment?
3) When do you want to move in the apartment?
4) You have the money ready to make the deposit to Airbnb?

Thank you and I am waiting for your decision !

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#393174 by TheRolf Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:15 am
I got basically the same story and airbnb offer from a different person (already reported on this site).
How can he still scam you through airbnb? Does it mean you somehow cannot ask for a refund, or will he basically "steal" from airbnb company in the end? Just curious.