Room for Rent and other rental scams
#382597 by Michelle Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:13 am
Frank Armstrong <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for contacting me; i am the property manager of the apartment you inquired about; Spacious Studio! Awesome Location! This updated spacious studio is in a wonderful complex with an awesome location! Unit includes bamboo floors, crown molding and a large balcony with lagoon and garden view. The kitchen boasts granite counters and stainless steel appliances. Laundry facilities are onsite. One-car covered, secured, parking, plus additional storage areas. The established complex has water views and includes resort amenities: pools, hot tub, clubhouse, exercise room, playground, tennis/basketball/volleyball court, community garden and BBQ area. Centrally located near lagoon, bay, and walking/bike trails. Boat launch close by and boat storage available for an additional charge. Conveniently located close to Gilead, Sony, Visa, PlayStation, Oracle and other major companies, plus short Uber drive to SFO for international travel!.

**The apartment is 519 sq. ft.
Address: 707 Fathom Dr APT 103, San Mateo, CA 94404
Bedrooms: Studio
Bathrooms: 1 BA
Style: Condo
Parking: 1 Parking space

Fully furnished(but can also be rented unfurnished), if you care about security this is the place to stay and its pet friendly.

Lease term is flexible, month to month, 6 months or 1 year lease term....... which can be renewed when it expires.

* Available furnished $1,600
* Available unfurnished $1,450
* Security Deposit (Refundable) $1,600

Utilities (Electricity, water, parking (1 car), gas, heat and sewer) are included in the monthly rent; and you can have it reserve now for your move in date if you wish.

Please keep in mind that our homes are very popular and are leasing extremely fast. I don't want you to miss out on the perfect home; I strongly recommend beginning the process ASAP to secure your home & special leasing rental rates!

If this apartment satisfies what you are looking for, do let me know so that I can forward to you the tenancy form, lease contract for review and reservation details for booking.

Lastly, please note that 1 other possible renter have shown interest in this apartment also, and I will be obliged to rent out to anyone that makes reservation now.

My Regards,
Frank Armstrong
[email protected]

PS: The Apartment will only be available for viewing from March 16th and its showing strictly by appointment. So you can schedule to come view the unit between 10am and 7pm. Do let me know if you would like to begin the application process now so that I can forward to you the tenancy form.

Frank Armstrong <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi

This is to acknowledge your interest to begin the application process and reserve the apartment. I am glad to know that this apartment satisfies what you are looking for. So you can have the apartment reserve now for your desire move-in date if you wish. Please note that the property is privately owned and there is no application fee for this apartment. Electricity, garbage and other bills are included in the rent, fully furnished with sheets, towels and kitchenware and can also be rented unfurnished, if you wish to bring your furniture you are free to do so. There is Washer/Dryer in the unit..

As mentioned in my previous email the apartment will now be available for viewing from March 16; this is because the current occupant's lease expires March 14th and he is expected to move out on or before the lease expiration since he is not renewing the lease, while professional cleaning will be done on the unit the next day.

However, I want you to understand that the rental market in San Mateo is competitive, so the apartment is on high demand and if you are really interested in this apartment I will advice you try and secure it now so that you do not loose it to other prospective tenants. Due to the high demand who secures it first gets the unit. To lock down the unit you will have to deposit only the first month's rent plus the refundable security deposit after completing all the relevant rental documents. The payment is to be made upon signing of the lease contract to the landlord's account as I am under no obligation to collect money from renter. Note that if you choose to lock down the unit now, and if after you have viewed the unit and you are not satisfied you can request for a REFUND which will be given to you that same instant. The terms and conditions of the contract gives you full refund if you do not want the apartment upon viewing.

Lease Plan Available:
- One Month rent with a refundable security deposit.
- 3 months upfront rent payment attract 10% discount of the total plus refundable security deposit.
- 6 months upfront payment attract discount of 10% of the total rent plus a refundable security deposit.
- Upfront payment a year lease attracts 15% discount of the total rent with a refundable security deposit.

In the meantime, I have attached the rental application form, kindly download the form, fill out all necessary fields and return to me by e-mail or fax along with a copy of your ID and as soon as I receive the filled form I shall forward the lease contract agreement for your review.

I will await your earliest response so that we can proceed with the securing of the apartment for your lease duration.

My Regards,
Frank Armstrong
Tel: (510) 992-6650
Fax: (415) 795-7664

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this Because you -have received Such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signing line and I will carry the details to the Appropriate autorités.

Advertisement