Room for Rent and other rental scams
#382760 by Michelle Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:07 pm

Thanks for your Response,l own the house and I received your email correctly. the rent is $625 monthly and security deposit of $700 for just rent, to view the house drive by and look through the window because I have been transferred to ARIZONA for my new job contract and the bunch of keys is here with me in ARIZONA with the intention of sending it to any interested tenant through fed ex. I will be here in ARIZONA for 3 years. I am looking for 1 to 3 years lease if possible, we can renew the lease. short lease is acceptable as well. I would like you to treat the house as if you own it. the utilities are included in the rent like Washer,Dryer,Heat,Garbage, Disposal,Fireplace,Fridge, stove,Dishwasher,Dryer, Refrigerator,internet access e.t.c.

My initial plan was to sell the house and I involved a local Realtor's as soon as I get a good tenant the for sale sign will be removed, the Realtor's was not honest with me due to this reason I have decided to put if for rent. the realtor added more money without my knowledge.

My last tenant took advantage of me, he did not send my payment after I shipped the keys,you can go over and view the house through the window and get back to me if you like it fill out the rental questionnaire below so we can discuss about the contract,

if you are still interested......below is the Rental Questionnaire for you to fill out!!!
PROPERTY DESCRIPTION...........
Number of Bedrooms:3
Number of baths:1
Square footage:1040
Pets are welcome!!!
Rent:$625
Refundable security Deposit:$700
House Address:2121 Bohemian Ave Dayton, OH 45406
The utilities are included in the rent like
Washer,Dryer,Heat,Garbage, Disposal,Fireplace,Fridge, stove,Dishwasher,Dryer, Refrigerator,internet access e.t.c.We plan to stay here for 4years or more and we might also decide to move back to my new renovated home in Orlando,upon my arrival.Filling out of the Questionnaire will determined if you are the right person to occupy my house,we will send another email to let you know our final decision.

My cell phone..I can reach reach anytime or Text me ASAP:(910) 378-0864
Rental Information......

Full Name?
Full Address?
Cell Phone Number?
Home phone Number?
Work Phone Number?
Date of Birth?
Are you married?
How many people will be living in the house?
picture of you and your family?

Do you have a pet?
Do you have a car?
Occupation?
What is your monthly income?
Reference Contact Name and Address if Any?
Why are you moving?
When do you intend to pay the deposit?
When do you intend Moving in?
Any Police problem?

Thanks and remain blessed
Maryann Richardson

Below is pictures of the house.....you can go by the house and see it yourself

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement