Room for Rent and other rental scams
#382829 by Michelle Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:56 am
Katherine Simpson <[email protected]> wrote:
I'm glad you are interested in my place..Will start by saying a bit about me,i'm a professional artist,self employed and i work alone..I have just opened a new venture here in Ukraine and moved so i am looking to rent my place out both on short and long term basis.

It is presently available for immediate move in,a very clean modern 2 bedroom and 2 bath apartment and i am renting just one room out at the moment but you will definitely have full access to the rest of the apartment which also comes with every bit of utility needed plus a dish washer,laundry,storage space and also parking space.You will be living in an environment of professionals and mature neighbours so you don't have to worry about privacy.

The rent is $500 per month and it will have all utilities included and a damage deposit of $500 . I will like you to drive by the building to get a view of the exterior so you can be familiar with the location, as soon as you have done that pls get back to me soonest so i can forward the interior pictures and we can proceed to the application process.

Will be looking out to read from you soonest.
Cheers
Katherine

Katherine Simpson <[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks for the response,i mentioned my place is available for both short and long term periods.I tried to look for an agent that I could give the document & the keys before I left but could not find any as a matter of urgency. And I don't want my place misused in my absence that is why I took the keys and documents along with me and i've not considered renting out the other room at the moment. So I hope you will promise me to take very good care of the apartment always.Attached are the interior pictures for you to have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks and also the application form Pls fill and get it back to me soonest so we can sort out the rental payment and I can get in touch with the courier soonest for you to have the keys and other documents.

Will be looking out for your reply

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#385468 by AlanJones Thu May 09, 2019 11:55 pm
Subject: Re: Furnished room for rent

I'm glad you are interested in my place..Will start by saying a bit about me,i'm a professional artist,self employed and i work alone..I have just opened a new venture here in Ukraine and moved so i am looking to rent my place out both on short and long term basis.

It is presently available for immediate move in,a very clean modern 2 bedroom and 2 bath apartment and i am renting just one room out at the moment but you will definitely have full access to the rest of the apartment which also comes with every bit of utility needed plus a dish washer,laundry,storage space and also parking space.You will be living in an environment of professionals and mature neighbours so you don't have to worry about privacy.

The rent is $500 per month and it will have all utilities included and a damage deposit of $500 . I will like you to drive by the building to get a view of the exterior so you can be familiar with the location, as soon as you have done that pls get back to me soonest so i can forward the interior pictures and we can proceed to the application process.

Will be looking out to read from you soonest.
Cheers
Katherine

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.