Room for Rent and other rental scams
#383653 by Michelle Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:33 am

I would say congrats on the approval of your application, I am impressed with your application, as i have no reason to deny you the right to live in my apartment. Let me hear back from you as soon as possible so that l can go arrange for the delivery of the keys/Documents. Once again I'm giving you this apartment on trust, do not disappoint me because l don't want my apartment to be destroyed, no problem if you wish to move in with your own furniture.

Here are the contents that will be delivered to you via FedEx courier service, Kindly provide your accurate mailing address.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Flat Agreement (Containing your reference details)
3) Contract/ The Flat documented file.
4) Payment Receipt.
5) Full address and description of the house.

You'll be sending the rent payment every month to my Financial Planner's account which is listed below. so, proceed to the bank listed below and have the First month rent and the security deposit wired. Note the Security deposit is totally refundable on the day you move out completely from the apartment. Please locate this bank in your area for transfer or deposit.

Cash/ Check Deposit/ Transfer

Bank name: Chase Bank
Account number: 378536350
Full names: Princess Ogunoye

Like I said earlier money is not my major concern , I want you to handle this property like your personal belonging. I'll be waiting for the payment confirmation asap. You will have to send me receipt or deposit copy to enable me confirm the deposit.

Best Regards,
Michael Powell.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement