Room for Rent and other rental scams
#383666 by Michelle Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:03 pm

My apologies for the late response. Thanks for your interest. I am looking to rent my furnished unit as soon as possible for 6 months , though short term from 1 to 3 months works for me too. The unit is totally great and it's a single family with a private beautiful patio/garden with views of the hillside and the city. The kitchen is well-equipped with modern kitchenware, fridge, freezer, microwave, stove, oven and coffee maker. The bedroom area features a queen-sized and comfortable bedding with spacious walking closet. Rental fee covers the entire apartment plus utilities such as gas, water, electricity, cable, internet, waste disposal, ac and heat. There is no designated parking in the building, there is easy free street parking outside the property, it is not limited and no parking permit is required. Local residents are a friendly, eclectic mix of families, professionals, dog lovers and young couples with babies. Building is close to public transportation, food markets, grocery stores, coffee shops, bar and restaurants etc.

House rules;
No smoking,
No parties,
No noises/loud music after 9 pm not to disturb the neighbors,
There are no strict policies regarding pets in the unit but I'd prefer not more than two dogs/cats. (Pets are allowed).

I'd be leaving some pots and dishes and replace the towels and bed-sheets with new sets. Let me know if you need anything else or any special request.

Rent is $1,900/Month, plus security deposit of $1,000 (refundable in full if there is little or no damages recorded in the unit on your departure date). I will need only the security deposit plus one month rent as move in deposit to seal the lease and confirm your dates with my landlord, and I'd love to see your credit report/ income letter .This is to ensure that you can afford monthly rent to prevent rent over due.

It is with all sincerity I write you this message. I'd love to schedule a time for a quick showing but my work doesn't give me the opportunity as I'm on a very busy schedule.

Honestly i understand your reasons for this. One must take full precaution but nontheless, the pictures and description on my ad depicts the apartment and I can assure you, you're completely safe. Less I forget you have the right to full refund if the apartment doesn't seem as anticipated on arrival.

If this is what you need and you like to go ahead with reserving my unit, kindly write back so we may proceed with the lease

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Douglas.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or Notification -- Make no mistake, the Document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement