Room for Rent and other rental scams
#383668 by Michelle Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:08 pm
Paulsen Hardy <[email protected]> wrote:
Thank you for getting back to me. I asked your exact move in date because the apartment will be available for viewing from April 20that the tenant currently renting it will move out. Does this work for you? If yes you can secure the apartment pending your move in. Here are the eligibility requirements:

1. Where do you stay currently and why are you moving?
2. What is your previous history with your landlord? Can he vouch for you?
3. What do you do for a living?
4. Do you have any criminal records that we should be aware of?
5. Also, do share your credit score if available; it will be added advantage.

I look forward to your response on the above requirements before we can move forward.

Regards,
Paulsen.

Paulsen Hardy <[email protected]>
Thank you for the response. We are still in contract with the current resident of the unit until April 20, like I said before. So the unit will be available for viewing from that date the resident will be moving out. If this works for you, you would need to secure the apartment pending your move in so you don't lose it to another renter.

To secure the apartment, you will be required to fill out the apartment lease booking form with your information on-line which I will be sending over to you. You would also be required to put down the first month rent and the refundable security deposit.

Note that you are entitled to a full refund of all money paid should you find the unit not in the same state as advertised or for any other reason whatsoever decide not to move forward with the lease after your viewing of the unit interior when it becomes vacant. This is clearly stated in the lease form and it is binding according to the California real estate laws.

So do get back to me so we get started with the reservation details and paperwork.

Paulsen J. Hardy,
Unit Manager.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or Notification -- Make no mistake, the Document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#385848 by AlanJones Wed May 15, 2019 12:04 am

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your interest in 177 Townsend St, #739 . This 1 bedroom 1 bath, 1 car parking condo is steps from Cal Train, corporate bus stops and close to freeway entrances. The apartment is furnished but can come unfurnished. This sunny condo offers resort-style living with heated pool, hot tub, fitness center, owner's lounge & patio areas. There's in unit washer and dryer. Utilities included in the rent are electricity, gas, water, sewer, and garbage.

Monthly rent: $2,650
Security deposit: $2,650
Square Footage: 681
Pet policy: The unit is pet friendly
Lease Term: Flexible

When exactly do you intend to move in and how long would you lease the unit?

Paulsen j. Hardy,
Unit Manager.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.