Room for Rent and other rental scams
#384734 by Michelle Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:10 am
[email protected].

Hello,

I'm contacting you about your interest in renting my apartment situated in Amsterdam.
The monthly rent price is 600 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period.
The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The apartment is available for a long-term rent, so you can stay there how long you want.
In general I have rented with AirBnB my flat and it`s safe 100 %.
Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations.

Regards,

Rachel Lagrand
[email protected]

[email protected]

Hello ,

Nice to hear from you!

Let me introduce myself, my name is: Rachel Lagrand , I am an architect, I moved to the Faroe Islands, I have a project here that will take 3-4 years.
Airbnb charge some fees for services that they offer, to avoid taxes we reserve the apartment only for the first 2 months through their system + security deposit ( the security deposit is refundable ).
After you see the apartment we will do the lease agreement for the period that you want.
In order to book the apartment, you will have to do the payment to Airbnb with your credit card. Airbnb will hold your payment until you have received the keys, the lease agreement and you have seen the apartment. After you see the apartment, you will have to take your decision, if you wish to rent it or not.
I will receive the money only after you have seen the apartment and decided to take it.
If the apartment is not as I have presented it, you have the right to refuse it. Airbnb will return your money to your account in 12 hours from your decision.
After the first 2 months you will pay the rent monthly directly to my personal bank account.
I need to know: Check in date (when you want to move in the apartment): day / month / year
If everything sounds good to you, please send me your full name, address and phone number and I will send you the AIRBNB Link were you can BOOK.
If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Rachel Lagrand

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#385362 by AlanJones Wed May 08, 2019 2:42 pm

Hello,

I'm contacting you about your interest in renting my apartment situated in Linienstraße 111,10115 Berlin.
The monthly rent price is 500 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period.
The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The apartment is available for a long-term rent, so you can stay there how long you want.
Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations.

Regards,

Rachel Lagrand

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#385529 by AlanJones Fri May 10, 2019 11:54 pm
Subject: Ruime studio van 52m2

Hello,

I'm contacting you about your interest in renting my apartment situated in Nieuwe Prinsengracht 61E,1018 EG Amsterdam.
The monthly rent price is 500 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period.

Regards,
Rachel Lagrand

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.