Room for Rent and other rental scams
#385099 by Michelle Sat May 04, 2019 3:02 pm
Angelica Chiara, <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

I appreciate that you took the time to look at my apartment. My name is Angelica Chiara, I am 34 years old and I am the owner of the apartment located at Auf dem Emmerberge 9 , 30169 Hannover. I'm sorry I did not answer him before, but right now I'm not in Germany, and I've been very busy at work.
You will rent the entire apartment for monthly rental price at 200 Eur (the price includes the costs of public services).
Right now I'm staying at my parents' house and I quit my job because I got an 7-year contract in Italy at a Medical Clinic Dental, so I decided to rent it. The apartment is in perfect condition,fully furnished and equipped, in no way requires any additional repair.Also the apartment is near the public transportation, a gym, and other facilities. The apartment has a parking space for one car. I have spent a great amount of money with the apartment and my request is that you treat it like it was your own.

I would really appreciate if you could answer me in English because my German is very bad.

Hope you don't mind answering a few questions:

1. Who will be living in the property and what are their occupations?
2. Are there any children, pets or smokers who will live in the property?
3. How long will the initial tenancy be required for 6 - 12 months - longer etc?

My Regards,
Dr. Angelica Chiara

Hello again,

First I have to inform you that the price you shall pay for the first month of rent will be EUR 200 and I also require a damage deposit of EUR 680 which will be reimbursed when you move out, in total you have to pay EUR 880 so you can move in my apartment without any additional charges to pay. I want to receive the monthly rent from you in my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money.I'm willing to send you the keys so you can visit and check the apartment. The delivery of keys and the rental contract (signed by me), will be made by a worldwide third party company called www.wimdu.de . After Wimdu accepts the transaction and completes the documents verification they will contact you as the potential tenant directly and verify if you have the funds available to rent the apartment. If you want I can explain you more about the Wimdu renting process so you can understand better the whole process.... I used Wimdu before and I was very pleased by their services in the past ( they are true professionals).
I wait your email to explain you step by step .

Thank you

Hi again,

To start the transaction with www.wimdu.de you need to send me all this details:

Full name:
Address:
City:
Postal Code:
Mobile phone number:
Personal email:
Date you want to move in the apartment:
Rental period that you want to stay:
Copy of ID Card or Passport:
Now let me explain you how the transaction works:
After I receive all this details, I can go to the www.wimdu.de office and start the renting procedure. When the keys and the rental contract will be in their custody, they will send you a delivery notification.When you receive the delivery notification from www.wimdu.de you will have to transfer to the Wimdu agent, assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed ( 880 EUR ). I inform you that your payment must be confirmed in 24-48 hours or early after the transaction was started othewise everything will be cancelled.After you make the deposit you must send to Wimdu a picture with the transaction so they can know that you already made the deposit. When the money will be transfered into their bank account they will deliver the keys and the rental contract at your home address. If you will be satisfied with the apartment, you will sign the rental contract and if you will not like the apt you will be fully refunded by www.wimdu.de and I will receive my keys and rental contract back. ONLY AFTER YOU WILL CONFIRM TO THEM THAT ALL IS ORDER AND YOU WANT TO SIGN THE RENTAL CONTRACT I WILL RECEIVE THE PAYMENT.

Your money will be safe in Wimdu custody and I hope you read my e-mail very well, and know that you have to pay before you see the apartment because this is the safety policy of Wimdu.de

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signing line and I will carry the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement