Room for Rent and other rental scams
#385207 by BurnedOnce Mon May 06, 2019 12:52 pm
The scammer will send the below email and then if you work with him he will send a PDF lease form.
Once you complete it he will send you his/her bank routing and account numbers.
Also, he will text you from a US phone number asking about his payment.
Beware of this scammer. His/Her username is able god <[email protected]>
Phone number is 872-529-5302
Can share bank details with an admin if needed.
I contacted the building management of the rental property and asked them about if they have an agent called "Tom Kelly" and they said no, and their apartments start at $2700 meanwhile this scammer was offering it at $1600.
I went to the police to complain but they didn't do anything.
Filed a complaint at the FBI site and wanted to warn people here.

====================================================================

Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:20 PM
To: XXXX
Subject: Re: 75 Saint Alphonsus St

The apartment comes fully furnished, equipped, Parking is also available and pet are included in the rent fees. To hold the apartment for your reservation dates, you are to make advance payment of at least one month of the rental fee plus a security fee of $900 which enable you reserve and secure the apartment for your choosing date.

Note: Security fee will be refunded back to you. The security fee is not applied toward rental fee however it is fully refundable on the day of your departure, provided all the amenities in the unit are met.

Amenities includes: Central air conditioning, WiFi internet access, Parking space available for two cars, high quality towels, linens and dishes,flat screen TV with cable and DVD player, fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, Refrigerator, microwave, Ice Maker. Pet. Allowed

Here is the rate quotation for 1 month

1 MONTHS= $1,600

SECURITY FEE= $900

Cleaning Fees = $100

TOTAL DEPOSIT AMOUNT = $2,600

BALANCE = nill

what required you to hold the apartment is to make advance payment of the rental fee ($1,600 plus the security fee of $900 which will be refunded back to you on your departure day.

Kindly get back to me if you are still interested so that i can send you the Rental Application/Reservation Agreement Booking form to fill for reservation and the info you will be sending the deposit payment to Via; Bank deposit/Transfer to the private owner of the unit. Get back to me as soon as possible, because lots of interest are coming in for the apartment.
I will be looking forward to read back from you soonest

Best regards
Agent Tom Kelly
Advertisement