Room for Rent and other rental scams
#385250 by Michelle Tue May 07, 2019 4:15 am
Christopher Simmons IADC Certified Engineer <[email protected]>

Thank you for your inquiry,
First of all, sorry for the late reply (I had a terrible week). I received the lead from Zillow Network / Apartments website.
The apartment I own on 24 E Liberty St is available and ready to move in as we speak at a monthly rent of 590 for the entire property. A few things about myself, I'm 54 years old and I am inspecting offshore oil rigs. Oh, and you can call me Chris. Most of the time I am offshore, I return to Savannah a few times/year.
If interested, please give me some details about you (age, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).
What else...? the neighborhood is very safe, behaved pets are permitted. The move in amount will be first month + one deposit.
I would need a few rental details as well from you, how long do you plan to rent, starting when?

I'm currently on an oil rig but I could plan a swing back to Savannah so arrange a showing. I'm sure you will love it, no one lived there since I've taken the photos.

P.S. I tried to send you the photos but I get an error, can you add me or my email address to your contact list? Maybe that's why it doesn't went through.
Also, can you please confirm your phone number .

Respectfully,
Christopher Simmons
IADC Certified Engineer

INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF DRILLING CONTRACTORS
3657 Briarpark Drive, Suite 200 Houston, TX 77042 USA
t: (503) 850-0652
m: (503) 850-0652
e: [email protected]

Notice: This communication may contain material protected by the IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors. This communication and any documents or files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors and the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this Because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#385465 by AlanJones Thu May 09, 2019 11:53 pm
From: Christopher Simmons IADC Certified Engineer - [email protected]

Hello, thank you for your inquiry,
First of all, sorry for the late reply (I had a terrible week).
The unit I own on 24 E Liberty Street, Savannah is available and ready to move in as we speak at a monthly rent of 590.00 for the entire property. A few things about myself, I'm 54 years old and I am inspecting offshore oil rigs. Oh, and you can call me Christopher. Most of the time I am offshore, I return to Savannah a few times/year.
If interested, please give me some details about you (age, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant). What else...? the neighborhood is very safe, behaved pets are permitted. The move in amount will be first month + one deposit.
I would need a few rental details as well, how long do you plan to rent, starting when?

I'm currently on an oil rig but I could plan a swing back to Savannah so arrange a showing. I'm sure you will love it, no one lived there since I've taken the photos.

P.S. I tried to send you the photos but I get an error, can you add me or my email address to your contact list? Maybe that's why it doesn't went through. Have you received them?

Thank you for your time
Christopher Simmons
IADC Certified Engineer

Notice: This communication may contain material protected by the IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors. This communication and any documents or files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors and the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

---

Subject: [b]Re: Your inquiry for condo on 24 E Liberty Street, Savannah, GA 31401

Hello again,
Everything sounds great. The utilities and HOA are included in rent. Also the parking, there is a private garage. The rent is for the whole apartment, I will not stay there because I have another home from the oil company. Also apartment is furnished just like in the photos I sent you, it also has a washer/dryer. I will move my extra furniture in the storage if you have your own, you choose what will remain. No pet fee.
Unfortunately the earliest I can return on dry land will be at the end of June and renting the apartment would be the only reason to make the trip to the city. But I have a solution.
Here it is:
I am going to list the apartment on HomeAway or Airbnb, (you choose which one you prefer or the one you're more familiar, both are multi-billion rental companies like google or amazon) you reserve the place and you can live there at no charge until I come back from the oil rig. This way you'll have like a trial period until the actual rent starts so you can familiarize with the neighborhood, the apartment, the amenities. I think is only fair to have this period before you jump into a large period commitment.
They will only require a $1000.00 security deposit to cover any potential damage cost or if the apartment will not be vandalized or something. This security deposit will be fully refunded the same day the trial period ends.
Once you confirm the reservation I will mail you the key with FedEx at your current address. Then I'll sort my trip and we can have the rental agreement signed and all. If by any reason after the trial period will end you decide not to go ahead with the rent, just let me know so I don't have to make this long trip.
To be honest, the trial period helps me a lot too. I get to see how you maintain the apartment and I have the certainty that I don't make the trip just to show you the apartment.

If you're aboard, just let me know if you prefer Airbnb or HomeAway, send me your full name, rental period and a copy of your ID (front and back) or Passport so I can activate the listing and send you the rental offer.

Thank you for your time,

Christopher Simmons
IADC Certified Engineer

http://www.iadc.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... r-logo.png

t: (503) 850-0652
m: (503) 850-0652
e: [email protected]
w: www.iadc.org

Confidentiality Notice: This communication may contain material protected by the IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors. This communication and any documents or files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors and the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.