Room for Rent and other rental scams
#385252 by Michelle Tue May 07, 2019 5:16 am
Sophia Horn <[email protected]>

Hi,
Thanks for showing interest on the room advert on Immobilescout24 the advert was posted by my previous flatmate with the name "Alessia". I'm Sophia Horn by name, I'm mixed, half German and Mexican, 27years old. My mother tongue is Mexican and I also speak little German. I'm a graduate in Tourism. My father works with the health organization and he want me to be close to him since am the only child and also Berlin is nice with beautiful places to explore. I am open to living with anyone, males ,females, couples, doesn't matter. I enjoy cooking..I am extremely clean, quiet and respectful, I am sensitive,intelligent, patient and caring.

Furnished apartment with spacious living room, 2 bathrooms with equipped kitchen with all cooking appliances and only 3 minutes walking to different kind of shops for daily purpose. Available room perfect for an amazing stay in Berlin! Equipped with everything you need, you will feel like home in this nice apartment . Its 75m2 give you all the comfort to spend relaxing days. Just a few meters away from public transportation lines.

Features:
Bedroom : 13.5FT x 10.9FT,(FITS KING SIZE BED)
Living room: 14.10FT x 13.1FT
Kitchen: 13.6FT x 11.2FT
Bathroom: 4.10FT x 5.3FT

The basic I'm asking for is the first month rent and the security deposit while the subsequent rents will be paid as each month stay passes by. Utilities included in the rent are phone, gas, electricity, heater and hot water etc.

Address: Gormannstraße 6 , 10119 Berlin, Germany
Rent: €450
Refundable Security Deposit: €500
Available: Now
Minimum stay: 1 Month
Maximum stay: As long as you like but a maximum of a year contract at a stretch.

Preferred flatmate description:
Smoker: Doesn't matter
Orientation: Doesn't matter

Let me know if the details above suit you so that we can take things from there and you can tell me little about you, i would like to communicate in English for now just to improve my English skills.

Regards,

Sophia

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this Because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#386137 by AlanJones Fri May 17, 2019 11:57 pm
Subject: Bright Zimmer In Netter WG, Zentral

Hi,
Thanks for showing interest on the room advert on wg suche the advert was posted by my previous flatmate with the name "Alessia". I'm Sophia Horn by name, I'm mixed, half German and Mexican, 27years old. My mother tongue is Mexican and I also speak little German. I'm a graduate in Tourism. My father works with the health organization and he want me to be close to him since am the only child and also Berlin is nice with beautiful places to explore. I am open to living with anyone, males ,females, couples, doesn't matter. I enjoy cooking..I am extremely clean, quiet and respectful, I am sensitive,intelligent, patient and caring.

Furnished apartment with spacious living room, 2 bathrooms with equipped kitchen with all cooking appliances and only 3 minutes walking to different kind of shops for daily purpose. Available room perfect for an amazing stay in Berlin! Equipped with everything you need, you will feel like home in this nice apartment . Its 75m2 give you all the comfort to spend relaxing days. Just a few meters away from public transportation lines.

Features:
Bedroom : 13.5FT x 10.9FT,(FITS KING SIZE BED)

The basic I'm asking for is the first month rent and the security deposit while the subsequent rents will be paid as each month stay passes by. Utilities included in the rent are phone, gas, electricity, heater and hot water etc.

Address: Gormannstraße 6 , 10119 Berlin, Germany
Rent: €450
Refundable Security Deposit: €500
Maximum stay: As long as you like but a maximum of a year contract at a stretch.

Let me know if the details above suit you so that we can take things from there and you can tell me little about you, i would like to communicate in English for now just to improve my English skills.

Regards,

Sophia

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#411832 by newindian_in_paris Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:05 pm
My name is Manu. I am new in Paris. Recently started working here. I was scammed the same way and ended up losing a big sum of money.

Posting below the first email that was sent by her after my response to an apartment listing in appartager.com. As subsequent replies, I will post the rest of the emails she sent.

Hi,
Thanks for responding to the message sent on Appartager where the advert was posted by my previous flatmate with the name "Catalina". I'm Martina Valle by name, I'm mixed, half Italian and French, 28 years old.. I've been living in Lyon with my father before i moved to Paris for my studies. I'm a graduate in Tourism. Paris is nice with beautiful places to explore. I am open to living with anyone, males, females, couples, doesn't matter. I enjoy cooking..I am extremely clean, quiet and respectful, I am sensitive, intelligent, patient and caring.

Furnished apartment with spacious living room, 2 bathrooms with equipped kitchen with all cooking appliances and only 3 minutes walking to different kind of shops for daily purpose. Available room perfect for an amazing stay in Paris! Equipped with everything you need, you will feel like home in this nice apartment . Its 80m2 give you all the comfort to spend relaxing days. Just a few meters away from public transportation lines.

Features:
Bedroom : 19sqm (QUEEN SIZE BED)

Address: 1 Rue de Milan, 75009 Paris, France
Rent: €580
Refundable Security Deposit: €720

Regards,

Martina
#411833 by newindian_in_paris Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:09 pm
Martina D Valle <[email protected]>
May 1, 2020, 2:14 PM
to me

Hello Manu,
How are you? It would be nice to meet you personally any time if we get along with each other... Regarding to your questions; yes am the landlord and there's a full legal contract. You are sharing the flat with only me, I am a classic person that everyone will loves. I am the best friend that anyone could ever have & never wants to lose. I would never cause harm to anyone & they would never not understand my feelings. Life is a journey, it's funny & calm for the most part. I stay away from traitors & jealous people, so I can be stress free. I'm an outgoing person who doesn't like to play games. You either like me... Trust me, I'm very likable.

Bills, internet, cleaning and more, all is included in the rent fee. You will only have to pay the rent and security deposit, nothing else. I will be a good friend if you let me. I'm real down to earth and very easy to get along with. I'm polite, friendly and very respectful...you can tell me more about you, your character, how old are you?, do you smoke nor drink alcohol? and when do you want to move in and how long do you want to stay?

I wait for your answer so we can proceed.

Regards,

Martina

Hi Manu,
How's your day going? I'm sorry for the late response to your message, I just got the rental contract from my father's lawyer, my father bought the apartment in my name since am the only child, so am the landlord, i have nothing to do with your information nor copy of your identity just that your information will be on the rental contract as tenant of the apartment. For the reservation, find attached the rental contract. Please read to see if you agree with the terms and conditions. If you do, you will fill in your details on the first page, other pages that's needed to be filled & sign at the last page and then send to me so i can sign also. You will then make payment of first month rent and security deposit(Security deposit is refundable) to the lawyer through Bank Transfer is very easy, fast, secured, reliable. This stand as a guarantee and proof that you really want to rent the room and the room can be reserved for you till when you plan to move in and i don't want to rent this room out to any other person because i like everything about you, we have things in common and am very sure we will both live happily together and peaceful together...i would like to rent the room for you, so i will be glad if you can just make the payment as a proof and show seriousness in you that you really want to rent the room. The contract is duly legal registered, so it gives the possibility to deduct from taxes on fees, expenses and other advantages such as domiciliation.

The lawyer is responsible if there's any damages in the apartment to repair and also as a security and also to give the key of the room any time you want to move in since not in Paris at the moment... The lawyer is Italian living in France since a long time ago working in real estate field and worked for me since i don't know much about housing, he managed properties for private owner and private housing agent and his duty is to search for someone to rent the room. I was with the lawyer this morning and he asked me if have found someone to rent the room, i told him yes and he likes everything i said about you and i let him know that both me and you are getting along with each other and for now... he should stop searching for someone to rent the room. For security purpose and safe side to let you feel comfortable, you can fill the contract, send to me so i can sign on it and after both our signature appear on it to show seriousness, sincerity and safety then you can go ahead to make the payment. I will be at the apartment with the lawyer on the desired day you want to move in and since you are interested in renting the room and the room can't be reserved for you or rented to you without any proof to show seriousness that you really want to rent the room because i already had a bad experienced about this before, i reserved room for applicant without any proof and the applicant don't show up when she arrived in the city, whereas the applicant have other room she was interested, so i hope you understand.. i will be glad if all this can be done as soon as possible.

I attached copy of my identity as proof of who i am too. Don't mind the picture on the identity, that's old picture of me hahahaha

Here's the bank information to make the payment:

Account Holder: Aldo Ari
Address: 25 Avenue de la République, 75011 Paris
Bank Name: Banca Sella Spa
Account Nos: 00550160
IBAN Nos: IT15A03268223000EM000550160
BIC Code: SELBIT2BXXX

I hope all these can be arranged as soon as possible..and it was nice communicating with you and a great pleasure for me to know such a nice person like you with good character to live with as flatmate and i believe we can get everything done without any regret from both side. If everything goes well between us and reached an agreement, i will send you the room receipt and the reservation confirmation.

I wait your news.

Regards,

Martina
#411834 by newindian_in_paris Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:17 pm
She will also try to get more money from you using this trick of a competitive offer. Please dont fall for it..

Hi,

Good day and how's your day going? I don't respond earlier because am waiting to hear from the lawyer today and the everything about the payment is okay. I would like to bring your attention to a very urgent situation because the lawyer got someone that has also been pressing to rent the same room that you're interested in and the person contact yesterday evening with the willingness to pay three months rent upfront which i think is really a deal breaker for me because presently, the offer is a very tempting one and hard to turn down because I spent pretty much on the renovation of the apartment early this year.

Considering the fact that you've already make the payment of the first month rent & security deposit, i really do not know how to handle this because from the sound of your mails and as we are both getting along with each other, I want to live with you as flatmate but i don't know how possible it is for you to level up with the other offer, i hope you can just make the payment of two months rent since you already make payment of first month & security deposit and the duration you have to stay in the apartment is more than one month, so if you can make payment of two months rent, so all total payment will be three months rent + security deposit, and if this can be done as soon as possible, then I can turn the other offer down immediately and prepare the room receipt, reservation confirmation. Once we get this done on time then i can schedule my time for our meeting and you can move in anytime if we get along each other.

I will really appreciate your fast response so that I can know what decision to take.

NOTE: Sending you the room receipt and reservation confirmation will show that will have reach agreement and also that will be proof of payment you did and you have to come along with this documents and the signed contract on the day you want to move in.

Let us get all this done between today and tomorrow, then we can be able to meet on time to handle the keys for you and know that everything is secured for your move in.

I wait for your mail.

Regards,

Martina

She also went to the extent of providing a passport copy of the lawyer (should have used the same to collect the money/make the account) and herself (probably fake- though the lady in the videocall I had looked quite similar).
I dont want my condition to come to anyone. Please beware of this scammer. She has shifted from Germany to France now. She even has given me reservation confirmation and the payment receipt and then started ghosting me once it was time for me to get the key and move in.

Please do not give any money without physical viewing of both owner and appartment. I had to do it because of COVOID-19 lockdown as she sounded very proffessional. Please donot fall for it.
I had to search parts of her email to find this post as they keep on changing the names.

If anyone can help me to know what are the steps I can take to prevent this from happening again to anyone, do advise me.