Room for Rent and other rental scams
#385461 by AlanJones Thu May 09, 2019 11:47 pm
Subject: Klahanie Community Top Floor The Lodge!! - 701 Klahanie Dr, Port Moody, BC V3H 5L6, Canada

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my apartment (3bed/2bath) located at: 701 Klahanie Dr, Port Moody, BC V3H 5L6, Canada. I have attached you the pictures so you can see that is in excellent condition. My husband and I are chemical engineers and the company we work for they had a project there in Canada that was suppose to be for the next 10 years so we decided to buy an apartment. Unfortunately the project we were working in Canada has been cancelled or it's on stand-by because of the Government of Canada. Therefore we were moved to the Europe (Spain and Greece) department where we already signed a job contract for the next 6 years.

The rent for the whole apartment is 1425$/month utilities included (heat, hydro, water, electricity, maintenance fees, 2 parking spots, laundry in-suite, washer and dryer also included, cable and internet). In case repairs are need in the apartment the building management will help you and I will cover the costs. Pets are allowed. I'm looking for someone to rent anywhere from 3 months to 6 years or more. I know the price is below the market but I'm interested in finding the right person for the apartment that will take good care of the place. If you decide to sign the lease agreement the monthly payments can be sent through E-transfer, Bank Wire or any other payment method that is convenient for you. You can also rent the apartment furnished or unfurnished and the rent will NOT increase.

It's the first time I'm renting an apartment therefore a professional company will make the necessary arrangements for both us. I think it's much easier for both us.

I would really appreciate a description of yourself so I can make an idea who will rent the place. How many people will stay in the apartment, where do you work, how long are you planning to stay in the apartment.

Please reply me ONLY if you are really interested because I really do NOT have time to waste.

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Linda and David

P.S.: Sorry for the late response. Just back from vacation

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#385462 by AlanJones Thu May 09, 2019 11:48 pm
Subject: Re: Klahanie Community Top Floor The Lodge!! - 701 Klahanie Dr, Port Moody, BC V3H 5L6, Canada

Hi again XXX,

In Canada it's your legal right to check the place and verify the documents before I will receive any funds. Therefore I want to use Airbnb (www.airbnb.com). They are an online marketplace connecting landlords with tenants and also they provide the most secured payment platform worldwide.

Airbnb just need my approval and your information so they can proceed with the transaction.

It's the first time for me doing a transaction like this so I want to follow the legal procedure. I can rent the apartment to you ONLY if you agree with the terms and conditions of Airbnb provided below.

-You need to provide me your information: full name (legal name that I will need for the lease agreement), mailing address (street, number, city and postal code) where you want to receive the keys and documents, cell phone number, move-in date and length of the lease agreement (e.g. 6 months or 1 year rental contract with option of renewal). The lease agreement will be a standard one from the Canadian government.
- Airbnb will send you a notification(via email) with the transaction details and necessary documents for the rental agreement. According with the real estate laws from Canada they will also provide you with the terms and conditions of their company that you can accept or NOT in order to move forward with the payment process.
- If you decide to move forward with the payment process you need to send the amount of 1425$( first month of rent from contract) following the payment instructions provided to you.

THE PAYMENT NEEDS TO BE SENT WITHIN 24 BUSINESS HOURS AFTER YOU WILL RECEIVE THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS OTHERWISE THEY WILL CHARGE ME A PENALTY FEE.

- After the payment is completed you need to send the payment details to Airbnb.
- Airbnb will check the payment confirmation and I will start the shipping procedure through UPS Air Cargo.
- You will receive the package (keys, apartment documents and lease agreement) in 3-5 business days. After the keys will be delivered to your address you will have 5 business days (inspection time) to check the apartment. The inspection time will start from the moment you will be at the building.
- If you decide to keep the apartment you just need to sign the lease agreement and send a copy of the lease agreement with your signature to Airbnb. If you don`t want to keep the apartment you will receive a full payment refund including any payment fee.

Please note that Airbnb can NOT release the funds without your approval. You will have full control of the payment. They can release the payment to me as a landlord just AFTER they will receive the lease agreement with your signature.

I NEED TO BE SURE THAT EVERYTHING IS CLEAR FOR YOU SO PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL THE STEPS OF THE TRANSACTION BECAUSE I CAN NOT CHANGE THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ALSO I WILL PAY FOR THE COMMISSION AND DELIVERY FEES AND JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS AFTER YOU AGREE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FROM AIRBNB I WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND FROM AIRBNB!

We are now located in Athens, Greece so if you have any other questions you can reach David any time at: +34 671153029 (if you are calling from Canada you need to dial 011 34 671153029) or you can email me your number and I will ask him to call you.

Let me know if you have the funds available so we can move forward and e-mail me your full information I requested.

Thank you!

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.