Room for Rent and other rental scams
#386009 by AlanJones Thu May 16, 2019 12:22 am
From: C. Simmons - IADC Certified Engineer - [email protected]
Subject: Re: Studio, 1 bath - 691 Massachusetts Ave

Hello XXX, thank you for your inquiry,
The unit I own is available and ready to move in as we speak. The rent is for the entire property.
A few things about myself, I'm 54 years old and I am inspecting offshore oil rigs. Oh, and you can call me Christopher. Most of the time I am offshore, I return to the city a few times/year.
If interested, please give me some details about you (age, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).

A few things about the apartment to refresh your memory: The utilities and HOA are included in rent. Also the parking, there is a private garage.
The rent is for the whole apartment, I will not stay there because I have another home from the oil company.
The condo is furnished just like in the photos I sent you, it also has a washer/dryer. I will move my extra furniture in the storage if you have your own, you choose what will remain, so basically, you can rent it with or without my furniture.
What else...? the neighborhood is very safe, behaved pets are permitted (there is no pet fee).
The move in amount will be the first month + one deposit.

I would need a few rental details as well, how long do you plan to rent, starting when?

I'm currently on an oil rig but I could plan a swing back to arrange a showing. I'm sure you will love it, no one lived there since I've taken the photos.

Thank you for your time,

Christopher Simmons
IADC Certified Engineer

INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF DRILLING CONTRACTORS
3657 Briarpark Drive, Suite 200 Houston, TX 77042 USA

Notice: This communication may contain material protected by the IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors. This communication and any documents or files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the IADC - International Association of Drilling Contractors and the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement