Room for Rent and other rental scams
#168367 by Bryon Williams Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:53 pm
Hello and welcome to Scamwarners Libbayy,

I am happy the this site helped you avoid being scammed.

Please do not tell scammers they are posted here or any other anti-scam sites. It only takes a scammer 5 minutes to get a new free email address. Once they do that then internet searches will not find them. The next time we will find out about them is when a victim reports them here.

Thanks for letting us know he is still active.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#170852 by Michelle Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:26 am
Von: Helena Duffy [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Freitag, 05. Juli 2013 14:50
An: Reitbauer Tanja (OeRK-W)
Betreff: RE: AW: AW: [HalloLondon.co.uk] Posting Enquiry

Hello Michelle

Thanks for getting back to me once again.I 'll like you to know that i am a God fearing woman bless with a good husband and with adult children and i 'll like you to know that i 'll make a perfect reservation for you before your arrival as you have no problem.I 'll be forwarding your information to my lawyer right away to draft you the Assured Tenancy Agreement which i 'll send to you later in the day as soon as i receive it,I have also attached my ID so you can know me much better.Be looking forward to receive the contract soon.

Regards!

Fake, Lost or Stolen UK Passport Number B09984733

#194183 by emilia1989 Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:34 pm
Hello every1.
3days ago i had the same situation. I found ad on webside, beautiful one bedroom flat at Worthing. So i wrote massage to her. Of course she send me back email that she need my details and my home phone, i said to her - u're not agency letting so i dont know why u asking about my number if i just want viewing ur flat, i ask her why flat is so cheap, she wrote me back that i can pay 1000f if i have money. She always wrote about lawyer and secure deposit. On thursday she send me email if i pay her she show me the flat on friday. So i wrote to her that i thought it's scam and i don't pay coz i don't see the flat, and i go to Police. And now no answer. But on friday i found this :

:http://m.friday-ad.co.uk/worthing/property-rentals/to-rent/flats-to-rent/creative-one-bedroom-YI406PBC7

This time is a studio flat. This scams can't stop do this ;/
I deleted all emails so i can't go to police station ;/ :|
#222344 by Naomi RH Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:30 am
Got pulled in by an amazing rental price of £348 per month for Brighton! Which means they're using that area as well as the others mentioned before. They used the same email address with me, [email protected], and I believe the emails are almost word for word the same too. Mrs Duffy wanted me to transfer 674 pounds via Money Gram because, you guessed it, her lawyer and her decided this was best!
Luckily I didn't go ahead as felt it could be a scam, and my mum's boyfriend confirmed it was very dodgy (Money Gram's own website doesn't recommend the procedure Mrs Duffy was after, and warns against going ahead with such a payment).
The price was too good to be true, the advert taken down the same afternoon as I replied (because her lawyer and her wanted to secure the offer for me apparently), and all in all it just adds up to being a complete scam. Glad sites like this help people simply Google and know this stuff!
#233924 by Lili Seul Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:39 am
I am shocked ! the topic is 2010 old, and in January 2015 this lady is trying to scam me ....
I am gonna promise her fully 1 year rent in advance (cash) if we can meet personally so i can hand her money .....this is crazy !!!
Thank you Michelle, without this post I would be scammed too .
#233925 by Bryon Williams Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:42 am
^^^ Please post any additional information that has not already been posted. Like email address change, Name changes and rental address. Phone numbers.

Thank you in advance.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#233928 by Lili Seul Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:04 am
The e-mail it is same, property is this time on King street , Hammersmith. One bed flat, 580 pounds per month all inc. At this stage she is rushing me to sign the contract without viewing the property (thing that made me search her name online).
#233929 by Bryon Williams Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:11 am
At this point just ignore her. Do not answer any emails or text. Make her wonder what she did wrong to lose you.

Do not tell her that she is posted here.

Make sure when you rent, you can physically go inside the property and meet the landlord face to face.

If you have further questions please ask.