Room for Rent and other rental scams
#387143 by cbeaz2012 Fri May 31, 2019 5:30 pm
Yet another Scammer on Craigslist... response and "proof of ownership" are laughable. A poorly photoshopped passport photo from "Ennis Cruz" who looks 50 and birthdate says 30. Also has ownership for an apartment in Kings County Washington DC - which Seattle is in Washington, not Washington DC. Any easy fake to spot, but wanted to relay anyway!

Thanks so much for the interest in this apartment, I'm happy to inform you that this apartment is still available. All I require from you during your stay is to take care of this apartment the same way as you would take care of yours. All Taxes ,WiFi, Cable, Bills, Car park Bills has been included in the rent..dedicated garage and street parking. Maximum stay 18 month

Here is the quote for your dates.

PRIVATE 1 Bedrooms + 1 Full Baths Sleeps (4)
*AVAILABLE FOR MOVE IN* June - July
QUOTES BELOW

1 MONTHS @ $1200 PER MONTH= $1200
REFUNDABLE SECURITY FEE = $1000
TOTAL AMOUNT = $2200
TOTAL DEPOSIT REQUIRED = $2200 ( First month rent of $1200 plus a refundable security damage deposit of $1000)

To book this apartment, you will have to fill an agreement form which you must read carefully and follow all the instruction given on the form pay an up-front deposit payment of $2200 the total deposit required for move in calculated above. The security damage deposit of $1000 will be refunded to you on your departure date after i have inspected the apartment am i'm sure you didn't damage the property...

do let me know when to send the form so we could proceed with the booking and reservation of the apartment and payment.

You will get the full set of keys of the apartment and nobody will be sharing the apartment with you.

Hope to hear from you soon
Advertisement