Room for Rent and other rental scams
#387256 by cbeaz2012 Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:51 am
This scammer actually toggled between "Bruce" and "Jason" and provided a terrible photoshopped passport photo along with an "Operation License" that had the city name spelled wrong throughout. Painter Bruce [email protected]

Email Chain from latest response below:

I await your response so I can finalise on your stipulated date. Attachments bellow:

Kind Regards,

Jason.

Sent: Saturday, June 1, 2019 11:53 PM
To: Painter Bruce
Subject: Re: $1050 / 1br - 514ft2 - Complete with cable and internet access.It is like home away from home (Seattle, WA)

Do you have proof of ownership of the unit? I won’t be sending any payment without that.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2019, at 1:14 PM, Painter Bruce <[email protected]> wrote:

I have attached the rental agreement booking form, You will fill it out and send it back to me. Once you make the payment of the $2,150 to the bank details provided on the rentals form and confirmed, I will issue you a copy of the rental receipt/invoice and official finalize your reservation for you.

Here is the payment details at a glance again

Bank Name: Chime Bank

Name on Account: Painter Bruce

Account Number: 156118669589

Routing Number: 031101279 (Noted - MB)

NB: The receipt would serve as a pass for collecting the keys on your arrival date to check in to the apt. I will be waiting to read from you soon. Once I confirm your Payment, You'll receive a Receipt ASAP to confirm your reservation.

I await for your filled forms along with a scan copy of your payment confirmation slip given out to you at Bank so i can attach it together.

The floor plan is open and flowing through the square feet. Hardwood floors through out and slate flooring in the bathroom. This home is clean, quiet and perfect for enjoying all of amenities.

Kind Regards,
Painter.

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 4:55 AM
Subject: Re: $1050 / 1br - 514ft2 - Complete with cable and internet access.It is like home away from home (Seattle, WA)

I will send over the proof of Licence, my drivers license, paperwork shortly along with the bank details for payment. As soon as your payment is confirmed, I will issue you a rental receipt/invoice of payment and also finalize on your stipulated date.

Kind Regards,

Painter.

Sent: Friday, May 31, 2019 4:18 AM
To: Painter Bruce

Hi Painter,

I'm very interested if you can provide proof of unit ownership, I've had some poor experiences with Craigslist and would prefer to not waste my time.

Assuming you have proof, is the unit available to walk-through before signing the lease?

Thanks,

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 3:56 PM Painter Bruce <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for your interest in the apartment. This is a month to month rentals with an option of renewal, I can assure you will have a good time in the unit. All amenities, utilities, wifi are included in the rent as well furnished.

Your dates are perfect July 15th, 2019 and you can extend for 2-12 months.

The rental property you are interested in is 1 Standard Bedroom 1 full bathroom apartment, located at 2416 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98121 of which the fixed monthly rental fee is $1,050 It's sleeps minimum of 1 and maximum of 4 comfortably and perfectly.

The month rent fee covers all utilities and amenities in the property which include electricity. If you need 1parking for more than two cars, it is imperative that you inquire about other guests being at this location during your stay.

Rentals include all taxes, furnishings, household items, high speed wireless internet, utilities, cable TV and 24-hour maintenance. It’s private and not to share leaving space.

It is said that moving home is the 2nd most stressful “life event” that a person or family can experience. Month after month we assist families and individuals with the process of securing prospective homes, choosing one, qualifying and moving in.

Cleaning person may need access to the unit and it will be communicated in advance. Attached garage for two cars

Amenities the following all are included with the rent
** Clean and nicely furnished
** 2 parking space
** Utilities and internet included.
** Full bath with tub and shower
** Wifi Internet access provided
** Secure entry and private entrance.
** dishwasher,Washer/Dryer
** Pets allowed with no extra fee
** laundry within.

Here is the rate quotation for 1 month after which you can extend your reservation

1 MONTH RENTAL FEE = $1,050
2... CLEANING = $100
3... SECURITY FEE = $1000(Refundable)
4... TOTAL FEE = $2,150
5... TOTAL DEPOSIT = $2,150

The above quotation is what required you to hold the apartment for your reservation. They are all fixed price and non refundable besides the security/damage fee ($1000).

However, what is required of you to hold the apartment is to make an advance payment equal to 100% of the rental fee plus the security fee of $1000 which will be refunded back to you on your departure day as long as the the Amenities are all not damage also which enables you reserve and secure the apartment for your choosing date. The advance payment is required before arrival.

I will like you to take your time to go through the quotation and get back to me as soon as possible so i can make a provision of the Rentals Agreement Form and also provide you with the banking information for down payment in-order to make your reservation because their are other interests in the property as well. Thanks for your time and your interest.

Kind Regards,

Painter.
Advertisement