Room for Rent and other rental scams
#388169 by Michelle Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:47 pm

This is absolutely amazing seeing your reply, Presently am in (UTAH) to visit my Step MOM ,this is the reason why i want to rent out,Its available to both short and long lease term,so you can live as long as you want.This rent includes all utilities and there is no additional charges incur. Pets allowed.Fully furnished and you can come along with your furniture and all other things, all the necessary documents are here with me, including the rent receipts,i would be away for a long time so i am willing to rent out for a Long or a short time either, it is available for rent.
I am wanting a deposit for me to secure my apartment down till your moving date.

Address: 916 2 Ave NW, Calgary, AB T2N 0E6, Canada

Included in Rent:
- Cable Television
- Electricity
- Heat
- Internet Access
- Parking
- Water/Sewer
- Gas
- Phone line

RENTAL APPLICATION.

Full name:
Profession:
Phone:
Marital status:
Kids: (Yes/No), How many:
Full address:
Reason for leaving?
Your current rent:
When do you intend to move in:

How long do you intend staying:

*PETS*
Name of pet:

Kind of pet:

HABITS
Do you smoke?
Do you drink?

REFERENCES

Reference:

Ph#

I ______, CERTIFY that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for tenant screening as may be necessary in arriving at a tenant decision. I understand that the landlord may terminate any rental agreement entered into for any misrepresentation made above.

I want you to make sure the present address is not mistaken because that's where the keys and documents will be ship to. The contents of the shipment you will be expecting are;

1. Bunch of keys to the property

2. Document containing the lease agreement and property description , including the property address.

3. Rent receipts and damage deposit receipts.

4. The pictures of interiors and my family, I took before leaving the place.

I want you to email me once you fill the rent application form so that the package containing the keys and other documents can be ship by secure courier service once the deposit payment is paid.

Notice : Pls note that i will not be available to show you around the apartment, as i would have to send you the keys through COURIER SERVICE ON A NEXT DELIVERY TO YOUR HOUSE and move in asap.

Regards.

This person asks for a payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement