Room for Rent and other rental scams
#391690 by Michelle Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:17 am
janBro <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello ,
I am working at NATO engineering technician, I`m the owner and now a travel with my job, as my initial contract is for two years although this may be extended. So the apartment is available for short/long-term.
The apartment is fully furnished with all the necessary equipment and appliances. As you saw in the pictures it is in excellent condition, very clean and well kept.
The rent will be including utilities (hot/cold water, electricity, Internet, cable TV, Parking space). Also, a security deposit is required at the start of the lease and it will be refunded at the end of the contract.
Pets are allowed. That's all I can say for now until you have a taste of my place.

In the meantime, can you please confirm the following:

· How many people would be living at the property?
· When would you like to move in?
· What term/length lease would you like?
· Do you have any pets?
If further interested, please give me some information about yourself (age, job, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).
Please feel free to ask any questions you do not understand and i will be looking forward to receive your email as soon as possible.
Thank you ,

JanBro <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for responding so quick with all of that information, it all sounds great.
To reserve the apartment I need some details :

. When would you like to move in(exact date) :
. Period of the contract:
. Adults
. Children:
. Name:
. Address:
. City:
. Zip code:
. Country:
. Cell phone number:
. A copy of your ID or passport ( FRONT and BACK )for inspection and to prepare all necessary papers for you to become a future tenant.

Once I get your details, I will contact Airbnb with them to start the transaction. You will book and pay to airbnb.
If you will be satisfied with the apartment, you can move there in the same day. All you have to do is to sign the rental contract and Airbnb will release the payment to me. I'm quite confident you will like the apartment, but if not, you still have the option to cancel, and get your deposit back from the agent, immediately.
Also, in case you're tied up in another contract and cannot move in immediately, we can arrange the viewing now, and reserve the apartment for you.
Airbnb will not allow you to visit/inspect my apartment before payment is sent to them.
Thank you,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this Because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement