Room for Rent and other rental scams
#395442 by Michelle Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:43 pm
BLESSED FAMILY <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hello ,
>
> I'm John Watson, property owner you wanted to rent. We are pleased that you have an interest in our house. Our lovely home is still available for rent, we want responsible & decent adults/family that possess qualities to manage our home as if it were theirs. My wife and i initially had it up for sale but changed our mind and decided to lease/rent it out. The agent we previously put in charge over our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee by inflating the rental fee there by making it difficult for people to afford the rent. For this reason, i decided to rent it out my self and no longer want any third party, rather a direct agreement between me and any interested tenant. I have already instructed the agent to take off the sign post from my property.
>
> The reason why our house is up for rent is because i got transferred from my place of work to Brooklyn NY, i will be away with my family for at least 5 years or more. You can get back to me if you are truly interested, by telling me more about yourself, your previous rental experience and the time you wish to rent our home. I await your reply ASAP.
>
> Below are more details about my home
> Address: 19520-Strathern-St-Reseda-CA-91335
> Bed Room: 1 Bath room: 1
> Rental fee: 1050
> security deposit: 1000
> Pet Fee: 200
> Application Fee: Free
> Remain blessed
> John Watson (Landlord)

Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 4:35 AM
To: Prakash Khadka
Subject: Re: Details about my home on 19520-Strathern-St-Reseda-CA-91335

Attached is the Rental Application form, fill it and get back to us via email, I can see your willingness in leasing our home and hope we will never have regrets in leasing our home to you.

I want you to also know that we will let you stay in our home till the period of time you wish to as long as you pay up your rent on time. We also want you to know that the rent fee covers the utilities, you can use them and take proper care of our home.

All we ask for is making sure you fill the rental application form properly so that we can approve you as our tenant. As soon as we conclude with all arrangements, I'll let you know the next step to take for you to preview and also secure our home so as to take it off market to make other renters stop contacting us for the same house you are about renting, here are the contents of the package that will be shipped to your present home address via a secure courier service upon receiving your application form filled by you.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Lease Agreement
3) Payment Receipt.

Regards.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement