Room for Rent and other rental scams
#395444 by Arnold Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:27 pm
Modus operandi. Ask the victim for a substantial deposit in order to view the imaginary flat. I know one of the three victims of an advert in my local area.
Fiona Williams is real, but not a scammer. Somehow he has got a scan of her passport.

[email protected]

Advertisement

#395544 by Mojo1882 Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:15 am
OMG this has happened to me, same paper, same person, same thing.

keep asking for deposit and a months rent to be deposited in someone else's account. Do i tell the police? I knew it was a scam and played it a bit to get extra info so i know their details.

Broken english, saying weird things. SCAM. Please dont fall for this people!

Thought He/She might have changed their name now this is up on the net. How dumb can you be.

Its so common now. Shall i just stop talking to them or tell them i know? or just say i can't afford it now, my "solicitor" said its not financially cost effective?

Has this been reported to the police?
Last edited by Mojo1882 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
#395546 by Tim Atem Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:24 am
Don't respond to them at all, don't tell them you know it's a scam, don't tell them you saw them here. Just delete and ignore any further emails from them.

Can you post their emails here to help warn others? Make sure to remove your personal information before posting them.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#395547 by Mojo1882 Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:28 am
Tim Atem wrote:Don't respond to them at all, don't tell them you know it's a scam, don't tell them you saw them here. Just delete and ignore any further emails from them.

Can you post their emails here to help warn others? Make sure to remove your personal information before posting them.

Hi, i will try and blank out all my emails but it will take ages as ive had a few. is there a quick way to do it? they have my email and name. Will they try and hack my email? the email was the same email as the original post. I didnt get another. Just all from them. Is there a way i can recall the emails?

Thanks
#395548 by Tim Atem Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:41 am
Don't click on any links or anything that they've sent you and you've got nothing to worry about. Just ignore them. Thank you for letting us know that the scam is still around.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5