Room for Rent and other rental scams
#397961 by Michelle Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:38 am

Hello,

Thanks for your email regarding my apartment. My name is Luuk Van Thijs and I'm originally from Amsterdam, Netherlands. I have worked in the United States three years and I bought the apartment during my stay there. I'm the owner of it. Now, I have moved with my work in Madrid, Spain for the next 3 years and I'm interested in renting through Airbnb only for a long term, minimum of 6 months.

This is a 2 bedroom with two bathrooms apartment. It's fully furnished and it was renovated 2 months ago.
The Address is: 1515 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005
Here you can see some pictures: https://myalbum.com/album/xrfCJAsbXuSr

The rental price per month is $700.00 which covers all the utilities, such as power, water, dishwasher, sewer and trash. The rent will be paid month by month. This price is for the entire apt, you will now share with nobody else. Also, the security deposit is $700.00. You will receive this money back on the same day when you leave the apartment, so the total to move in is $1,400.00.

Before going any further, I would like to know more about you, like:
- your occupation;
- how many people will live in the apartment;
- When do you want to move in
- how many months you want to rent the apartment.

If you are interested please let me know, I will explain how you can rent my apartment through Airbnb.

Best wishes,
Luuk Van Thijs

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement