Room for Rent and other rental scams
#399625 by Michelle Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:11 pm
Duco Van Den Broecke <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for contacting me about my apartment...The apartment is still available for rent.
Its fully furnished, could be rented unfurnished, too. Same price if unfurnished, all the utilities are included (water, garbage, electricity, heat, etc). Pets are allowed. The entire apartment is for rent and the price per month is $750.

Has elevator, washer/dryer in unit, A/C, dishwasher, parking, safe neighborhood, nice neighbors, very quiet, no noise, close to transportation and everything else.

Address:
133 Herkimer St, Hamilton, ON L8P 2H3

Photos here (real and actual pictures):
www.irista.com/gallery/uwvbi5o6obpx

Let me know if you are still interested?

Thank you.

Den Broecke <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi again,

So, Flipkey has a money back guarantee for renters which means they issue refund if anything happens, our apartment is suitable for that since we are old customers/owners on their website and that we are verified owners. You can see that on the Flipkey link that i sent you, it says that on the top of the page. Here is this explained on their site: https://tripadvisor.mediaroom.com/2013- ... -Guarantee

Since there is no need for us to fly over all the way there for the key exchange, i am using https://keycafe.com/keyexchange. Read about them online, etc. So, to pick up the keys from the KeyCafe location i will send you the code for it which is unique, see how it works.

Basically, all we need is your final "ok", we setup the booking on Flipkey for you, for one month plus security, with the right dates. You pay to Flipkey and then i will send you data for picking up the keys from the keycafe location.

Then go and view the apartment. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied by the apartment FlipKey will refund you. Before viewing or until you give them the ok over the apartment Flipkey will not send us any money, they put the funds on hold.

If you ok with the apartment we will sign the agreement and exchange copies online. Move in and we take it from there. The agreement can be downloaded from the Flipkey link, current one its a draft, final one will have your name on it, etc.

I believe this is the best way to do this. And safest for you and for us.
If you have questions let me know.

We have a low price per month because we knew it was difficult to find someone without seeing the apartment first, but at the same time we cant hand over the keys without some reassurance and some kind of financial bond between us and you (for security reasons, too). We cant let anyone just like that to visit the apartment.

In other words, you put down 1 month's rent plus security which is one more month, to Flipkey - you pay Flipkey, not me, they hold the funds until you visit the apartment. If everything ok, sign the contract, move in and pay the monthly rent payments to us directly, not Flipkey. If you refuse the apartment, FLIPKEY (Tripadvisor) will simply refund you in 24 hours. As well as you can read on the Payment Protection Policy you do NOT send any money to me directly whatsoever, you will pay to Flipkey, you will be using the Book button on the Flipkey page of our property, so, you send the money to Flipkey through their site (Payment Platform) directly for your security and mine.

Let me know if you have questions.

For us to move on we need your full name and email. Then i send you the Flipkey link to the property to pay and book.

Thank you,
Duco

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#443287 by maris_sol Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:15 pm
Hi! Looks like he's still posting. I inquired about a 2 BD apt on Richmond that's being advertised for $1400/ month. I thought it was a typo or actually the weekly rate. WAY too good to be true. Here's the reply he sent, very similarly worded to the one you received, but from a different email address: [email protected]

"Hello,

Thank you for reaching out regarding my apartment. I'm pleased to confirm that it is still available for rent. The apartment comes fully furnished, although it can also be rented unfurnished at the same price. All utilities, including water, garbage, electricity, heating, etc, are included in the monthly rent of $1400. Pet-friendly, the price is for the entire entire apartment, yours to enjoy.

The apartment has elevator access, in-unit washer/dryer, air conditioning, dishwasher, 1 car parking, safe and quiet neighborhood, close proximity to transportation and amenities.

The address is: 25 Richmond St E, Toronto, ON

For a visual preview, attached are some photos of the apartment.
If you remain interested or have any further questions, please let me know. I'd be happy to provide more information...

Thank you,
Duco Van Den Broecke"