Room for Rent and other rental scams
#403952 by Michelle Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:58 am

Hello,

My name is Diane and I have received an e-mail informing me about renting my flat.
The flat is available now, in a quiet location and has all facilities and equipment: TV, parking, laundry, air conditioning, high-speed internet. The monthly rent is £750 it is also important that the additional costs (water, electricity, digital television) are included in the price. The flat is furnished, renovated and fully equipped (washing machine, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, digital TV, wireless broadband).

Thank you for your interest and I look forward to future cooperation.

Best regards,
Diane Birkin

At the moment I am with work in Dublin so I cannot meet with anyone, but I have a solution to this inconvenience.

Because I do not have the time to meet any potential tenants, I'd suggest using an authorized third party, Airbnb for instance. I've done some research and that is a simple way to do it. That's why, I've taken the liberty to prearrange things with them, using their website.

Airbnb offers an online platform that connects hosts who rent accommodation with guests who wish to rent such accommodation. The Airbnb company requires a deposit of the first 2 months + 1 month guarantee. This is requested at the beginning of the lease and refunded at the end of the contract (if 30 days notice is given). After these first 2 months, you transfer the monthly rent directly to my personal bank account. You must book the first two months through the website. Once your booking is confirmed, the Airbnb representative will contact you to arrange the appointment and you can move in immediately.

Please let me know your decision.

Thanks again
Diane

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement