Room for Rent and other rental scams
#406724 by Michelle Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:32 am
Windischhofer Selina <[email protected]>

Hello

I'm contacting you about your interest in renting my apartment situated in Niedernstraße 118,20095 Hamburg.
The monthly rent price is 500 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period.
The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The apartment is available for a long-term rent, so you can stay there how long you want.
In general I have rented with AirBnB my flat and it`s safe 100 %.
Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations.

Regards

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#409376 by Michelle Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:50 am

I'm very happy about your staying in my property!
I really select my tenants,so if you agree my terms please give me a whatsapp number so we can discuss all details there,including my property link on Airbnb.
About reservation, first 2 months by airbnb , we will make a contract from first day when you will move in my flat,about move, after this 2 months with airbnb,if you want to stay more you will pay me monthly on my bank account for the rest of the period,we will notify on contract that you already made reservation and paid this 2 months with airbnb,security deposit gets back to you after 2 months from airbnb.
Registration it`s possible! I'm going to make you a contract the first day you move to my studio.
About check in day yes it`s available for me too from 05 May 2020.
Please read all I have spoken so far, I want to make sure you understand everything and if you agree please give me add whatsapp: +31 6 87775316
Registration it`s possible! I'm going to make you a contract the first day you move to my property (4 years)

1. An Airbnb Inc. agent has verified the apartment before i listed it.
2. The pictures are taken by an Airbnb Inc. agent and verified by Airbnb.
3. I will not get any money until you will accomodate in my apartment. I will get the money 7 days after you have been in the apartment.
It's not possible to visit the apartment before booking and paying through Airbnb Inc.
In case that:
If you do not like the apartment, AIRBNB will send money back completely.
If you do not like something in apartment, AIRBNB will send money back completely.
If the pictures do not correspond with the apartment or anything else, AIRBNB will send money back completely.

Best regards,
Windischhofer Selina

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

#410642 by Christina3025 Wed May 20, 2020 4:58 pm
I also received from this email for a home I want to rent... Can you tell me what you did? Can I trust it?
Hello

I'm contacting you about your interest in renting my apartment situated in Jan Jacobsplein 6,1000 Brussel.
The monthly rent price is 600 EUR, including all utilities (gas / electricity / phone / cable / internet / parking / heating), and its for an indefinite period.
The apartment is in good condition, clean and ready to use. The apartment is available for a long-term rent, so you can stay there how long you want.
In general I have rented with AirBnB my flat and it`s safe 100 %.
Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations.

Regards
#417023 by TheRolf Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:44 pm
I've also found a very suspicious inquiry with the same address: https://www.wg-gesucht.de/en/1-zimmer-wohnungen-in-Hamburg-Hamburg.8221585.html
He sent me photos via email, but strangely the reverse image search only showed more offers with the same address on legit-looking sites like roomster and rentberry.
For this much in this location there's already no way it's true, and seeing the photos the price should be at least 5x.

It has to be a scam. But the thing is, I don't get how come the photos don't appear on other sites.