Room for Rent and other rental scams
by Con Warner Mon May 30, 2011 3:32 am

Dear Con Warner ,
Our 2 bedroom Amsterdam apartment is much available for the dates . The rate is €80 per night and a maximum of 5 person is allowed in the flat. The rate for 4 nights will be €320 and a refundable €200 security deposit is required to cover for any damages made and in the case of no damage made,€200 will be refunded when returning the flat keys.Prices include Electricity,gas,Broadband Internet, porter available and free airport shuttle to and from the airport

We require 40% reservation deposit plus refundable €200

Total amount is €520 Deposit required is €328

Mode of Payment:
Direct Transfer(Bank To Bank Transfer)
Wire Transfer(western Union,money gram)

All prices include tax and VAT.

Warmest Regards,
Jimmy Lucas
Tel:0044 (0) 702 409 9429

This person asks that you pay a deposit in order to secure the property.
This deposit is in the form of a bank transfer, Western Union or MoneyGram payment to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, this person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or Moneygram with the promise that they will send the keys through a courier company.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement