Room for Rent and other rental scams
#409765 by Michelle Tue May 05, 2020 11:29 am
MAwson Joseph <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your email and the interest in my one bedroom self contained flat.
The flat comes furnished and equipped, that is why i seek a good tenant to rent
since i moved to Manchester for my new job. It is fully furnished but we can get it unfurnished for you if you prefer that.
Below is the details of the flat before we proceed.

Address: Boswell Street,London WC1N 3BP
Rent: £700 per month (All bills inclusive)
Security deposit:£700 refundable after your stay in the flat.
Move in fee - One month rent + Security deposit.
Minimum Stay: 1 Month(s), negotiable
Maximum stay:1 yr with the option of extending the contract after 12 months
Flat amenities:TV ,CD - DVD - Video,Radio,High-speed Internet with
WiFi,Washing Machine ,dryer, gas central Heating, iron and Ironing board,Gas
cooker,oven, Electric.Kettle,Toaster,Dishwasher,Refrigerator,Microwave ,parking
e.t.c. Available for short/ long term and couples are welcome.
Please, i want you to note that i am a kind and honest person,also i
spent a lot of money on my property that i want to rent out. Am
soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this Flat and want you to
treat it as your own,I hope you understand that!!.I want you to keep
it clean and tidy always and I will be glad if you are able to fulfill
that at the end of your stay in my flat,that is the reason i decided
making the rent affordable..

Can you kindly answer these following questions:
Phone number?
How many of you will be living in the flat in total?
Move in date?
How long have you been renting ?
I am reliable and open if anything is wrong in the flat, i make sure the problem is quickly rectified.
Let me know how soon you are willing to secure the flat for your date as I am deciding on who to lease the flat to.

Best Regards,
Mr.Mawson

MAwson Joseph <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

The flat is available and you can secure to move in 1st of June.
I would like to ask if you are moving in with any pets?

Like i said, i am currently based in Manchester for work and before i can come all the way from Manchester i have to be sure about your willingness and financial capability in paying the move in fee on same day, as i will like a situation whereby everything can be finalized on the same day i come to London for the viewing and handing over of keys.

Therefore i require that you review the tenancy agreement form, if the tenancy terms are okay you will be required to pay holding deposit of 3 weeks rent in the sum of £525 payable by bank to bank transfer to ensure easy refund if you decide not to take the flat after inspecting it, once the holding deposit is transferred and confirmed, we can schedule a convenient time to meet and inspect the flat.

Note that if there is any changes in taking the flat after viewing, you will be refunded back your 3 weeks rent deposit which you have paid as stated in the tenancy agreement and upon agreeing to take the flat after inspection, the remaining move in fee has to be paid in cash or bank transfer before moving into the flat.

Attached is the copy of tenancy agreement , let me know if the terms are okay so we can proceed.

Regards,
Mr.Mawson

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement