Room for Rent and other rental scams
#145300 by possiBri Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:42 am
I thought this was a legit posting since the scams usually have no pictures or information about the listing... that was definitely not the case here.

listing found on: CraigsList>MontereyBay
sent from: [email protected]

Below is the exact message sent to me, thank you all for posting your experience and saving me the hassle of investigating more by responding to this email!

Hello,

We are pleased that you have an interest in our house, Our lovely home is still available for lease and we want responsible adults/family who are neat and also believe that they have what it takes to take care of our house as if it were theirs. My wife and I initially had it up for sale but had a change of mind in leasing it out ourselves because the agent that was in charge of our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee and also making it difficult for people who cannot afford the rent, stay away from renting my house.

The reason why our house is up for lease is because I got transferred from my place of work to Deltona, FL , I will be away with my family for at least 4 to 5 years because of the love I have for them, I have decided not to sell our house and also assuring them that we only have few years to spend here and will be willing to lease it out to person/family who is willing to assure us of taking absolute care of our home and pay their rent on time. I will start by telling you more in regards me and my family. I have a daughter named Leslie (20yrs) who attends University of Deltona, FL as a medical student, she has a lot going for her and she is also down to earth in all that she does to keep us happy and when she is back home on vacation, she also assist her mom in the house work when am at work. I work as a Robotic Programmer & Welder/Fitter here in Deltona, FL and got married to a lovely wife who is a member of Joyce Meyer Ministries . We will be very pleased if we can find the right tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean freak and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt... we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home. These 3 bedrooms and 2 baths home are very specious and neat.

Below is the rental property address:
House Address: 314 6th St, Pacific Grove, CA 93950

Monthly Fee ; $900
Security Deposit: $900
Pets Allowed:

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF
Full Name___________________________________
Current Address________________________ City_____________ State______ Zip Code________
Home Phone ( ) ___________________
Mobile Phone ( ) ____________________
Date of Birth_________________________________
Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________
Are you married________________
How many people will be living in the house_________________
Do you have a pet______________
Do you have a car______________
Occupation____________________________
Monthly Income_________________________
Move In Date___________________________
HOW SOON CAN YOU HAVE THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT SENT TO ME___________________________
HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS OF THE HOUSE__________________________

Available :Available Now for move in.

The rental fee is inclusive with utilities and my home available as at this moment.

God Bless You.
Mr. & Mrs. Mc Pherson Karen Marie
Advertisement

#157636 by Aeisha Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:51 pm
Hello,

We are pleased that you have an interest in our house, Our lovely home is still available for lease and we want responsible adults/family who are neat and also believe that they have what it takes to take care of our house as if it were theirs. My wife and I initially had it up for sale but had a change of mind in leasing it out ourselves because the agent that was in charge of our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee and also making it difficult for people who cannot afford the rent, stay away from renting my house.The reason why our house is up for lease is because I got transferred from my place of work now In West Africa(Nigeria). I will be away with my family for at least 4 to 5 years because of the love I have for them, I have decided not to sell our house and also assuring them that we only have few years to spend here and will be willing to lease it out to person/family who is willing to assure us of taking absolute care of our home and pay their rent on time. I will start by telling you more in regards me and my family. I have a twin daughters named Anna and Sarah (4yrs) . I work as a Robotic Programmer & Welder/Fitter here in West Africa(Nigeria) and got married to a lovely wife who is a member of Joyce Meyer Ministries . We will be very pleased if we can find the right tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean freak and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt... we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home.Please note that you will only be able to drive by the House for now but can't have a look at the interior until I have sent the keys and documents of the House to you.

****RENT APPLICATION DETAILS****

Please if you are ready to occupy the house kindly provide the information below for record purpose:

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF
Full Name__________________________________________________ Home Phone ( & nbsp; )________________________
Date of Birth_________________________________
Other Phone ( )___________________
Current Address_______________________________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________
Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________Phone ( )____________________________
Are you married____________________________
How many people will be living in the house____________________________
How many people will be living in the house____________________________
Do you have a pet____________________________
Do you have a car____________________________
Occupation____________________________
How soon can you have the deposit and rent payment sent to me_________________________
How soon do you want to receive the keys________________________________________
Move In Date____________________________
Your Family Pictures____________________________

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and sincerity so I won't like you to disappoint us.It is available for a long term lease as we will be here for 5 years and also intend buying a new home on getting back to the states.

4494 E Frontenac Drive Cleveland, OH 44128

Rent:600
Deposit:600
Bedrooms: 3
Bathrooms: 2
Pet Allowed
Utilities included in the rent
Lease Terms :
A Year and More

Best Regards
Beverly A Smith Family

YOU CAN REACH ME ON THE NUMBERS BELOW

+234-706-932-4038 or 011-234-812-012-4550
#178513 by dwhit32 Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:23 pm
How does this sound safe?? I got almost the exact same email only now "he's" moved to Columbus, Ohio. Nothing about it seems legit. I can't believe someone would actually fall for this?!

Hello,

We are pleased that you have an interest in our house, our lovely home is still available for lease and we want responsible adults/family that are neat and also believe that they have what it takes to take care of our house as if it were theirs. My wife and I initially had it up for sale but had a change of mind in leasing it out ourselves because the agent that was in charge of our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee and also making it difficult for people who cannot afford the rent, stay away from renting my house.

The reason why our house is up for lease is because I got transferred from my place of work to Columbus Ohio, I will be away with my family for at least 4 to 5 years because of the love I have for them, I have decided not to sell our house and also assuring them that we only have few years to spend here and will be willing to lease it out to person/family who is willing to assure us of taking absolute care of our home and pay their rent on time. I will start by telling you more in regard me and my family. I have a daughter named Leslie (20yrs) who attends University of Connecticut as a medical student, she has a lot going for her and she is also down to earth in all that she does to keep us happy and when she is back home on vacation, she also assist her mom in the house work when am at work. I work as a Robotic Programmer & Welder/Fitter here in Columbus Ohio and got married to a lovely wife who is a member of Joyce Meyer Ministries. We will be very pleased if we can find the right tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean freak and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt... we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home. These 2 bedrooms and 2 baths home are very specious and neat.

Call me on 304-9459-475

(1835 E Alameda Ave, Denver, CO 80209)

Pets allowed: Yes
Rent: 800
Deposit: 700

we will appreciate it if you could take your time to fill out the Rent/Lease application form below as we would like to keep proper documentation.
#179583 by itsnaultmyfault Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:24 pm
here is the email I got from this person.. His name changed to Ruben Morales

I almost got GOT!

Hello,

We are pleased that you have an interest in our house, Our lovely home is still available for lease and we want responsible adults/family who are neat and also believe that they have what it takes to take care of our house as if it were theirs. My wife and I initially had it up for sale but had a change of mind in leasing it out ourselves because the agent that was in charge of our rental property was asking too much of an agent fee and also making it difficult for people who cannot afford the rent, stay away from renting my house.

The reason why our house is up for lease is because I got transferred from my place of work to Atlanta, Ga , I will be away with my family for at least 4 to 5 years because of the love I have for them, I have decided not to sell our house and also assuring them that we only have few years to spend here and will be willing to lease it out to person/family who is willing to assure us of taking absolute care of our home and pay their rent on time. I will start by telling you more in regards me and my family. I have a daughter named Leslie (20yrs) who attends University of Atlanta, Ga as a medical student, she has a lot going for her and she is also down to earth in all that she does to keep us happy and when she is back home on vacation, she also assist her mom in the house work when am at work. I work as a Robotic Programmer & Welder/Fitter here in Atlanta, Ga and got married to a lovely wife who is a member of Joyce Meyer Ministries . We will be very pleased if we can find the right tenant to rent our home, a person who is a clean freak and does not tolerate anything that has to do with dirt... we also would like to know more about you and your family, your renting experience and how long and when you plan moving into our home. These 5 bedrooms and 4 baths home are very specious and neat.Sqft 2,778

House Address

21103 E Lehigh Pl,
Aurora, CO 80013

Monthly Fee ; $1,100
Security Deposit: $1,100

Available :Available Now for move in.

So pls get back to me today.
I await your reply ASAP.

The rental fee is inclusive with utilities and my home available as at this moment.
God Bless you
Ruben Morales