Room for Rent and other rental scams
#56671 by Michelle Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:56 am
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:31:31 -0700
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: well decorated studio flat
To: Michelle Banks

Hello
Thanks for your mail. I am a very young comfortable professional,26 who works in a recording company as a studio manager.I would like to rent out a double bedroom Garden Flat with Broad Band Internet to a very easy going person at 600 per month including all bills.available now for you to occupy.not shared apartment..My apartment is very comfortable fully furnished flat of brand duplex flat.Located in quiet residential area {Upper Woburn Place, Bloomsbury, WC1H 0HX }King’s Cross Station is less than 10 minutes’ walk away.Both Euston and Russell Square Station are 5 minutes’ walk away, while St. Pancras, the terminal for the Eurostar, is a 10-minute walk away. The British Library is 5 minutes away by foot, and The British Museum is 15 minutes’ walk.is fully furnished with digital home cinema, hi-fi system, VCR, DVD player, phone, fax, computer, cable/satellite, internet access, wardrobe, cupboard, Hanging wardrobe, safe deposit box, radio alarm clock, hair dryer, fully air-conditioned, central heating, intruder alarm, fire alarm and more. Large fully equipped kitchen, 2 toilets and unlimited wireless internet.
I dont want any problem for myself.., i need to know the person that will occupy my apartment that is, the person that willl take care of my apartment like theirs because am letting the flat out because am presently in manchester working. It is not compulsory that i rent out the flat but if i can get a reliable and tidy person that will take care of my flat for me i can let it out.so i need to know them better i.e what you and your partner do for a living.
Rent Includes

Electricity
Gas
Water Charge
Council Tax
Lease
internet

Waiting to read from you.

Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:53:45 -0700
Subject: THINKING ON THE VIEWING OF THE FLAT
To: Michelle Banks

Thanks for the reply.I would love to meet you, get to know you and show you round the flat so that you can see what you are renting but I have been having problems with time wasters who could not keep to there end of deal.Its really time wasting because i am a very busy person and do not really have much time to waste. To me, every seconds count.because i am presently in the studio doing some live recording and icant make or recieve calls due to the nature of my job,but have my Laptop here to reply to emails.viewing will not be a problem, Anytime during the week in the evening would be a good date for our meeting.
The rent is still very Low considering the current economic climate in London..

Can you please answer the following questions?
-Are you really serious about the renting the flat?
How many are you to occupy the Flat?.
-If you love the flat when you see it, will you make the payment to hold it against your move in?

why I am asking these questions is basically because of my experience with my last tenant. Morgan moved into my flat in JUNE:2008,on commencing the tenancy, he paid a total sum of £537.50 in rent hoping that he would pay up the balance unknowingly he provided a fraudulent employers reference to convince me of having a stable job!
Although i served him with Section 8 and Section 21 Notices and obtained a Court Order for possession of the property, he was reluctant to move out or pay any of the rent arrears.County Court bailiffs got him evicted and his total debt to date is £1,263. (Quite much).
I will prepare all the necessary documentations i:e Contract Form:which we will both sign after being satisfied with the flat.
Payment will be made after signing the contracts and keys will be handed over to you once contract is made.
Please,understand that i am NOT asking you to pay me BEFORE you view the flat.The neighborhood is safe and i guess you have heard much about this area?it is a safe, clean area.

-Your rent begins on your move in date..
-Viewing is never a problem.
-Proof of ownership and Documentation will be shown upon viewings.
-There is no minimum or maximum stay.
- Rent include Council Tax,electricity,gas,internet, e.t.c
-Its 600pcm and 600 refundable deposit.

Kindly get back to me about an idea on what we can do so that we can arrange a meeting for viewing.

Thanks while hoping to read from you.
Regards,

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send money (again via Western Union) in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#67062 by tizi140 Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:45 am
New contact of this scammer is: [email protected]
The text is the same:

Thanks for your mail. I am a very young comfortable professional,26 who works in a recording company as a studio manager.I would like to rent out a double bedroom Garden Flat with Broad Band Internet to a very easy going person at 600 per month including all bills.available now for you to occupy.not shared apartment..My apartment is very comfortable fully furnished flat of brand duplex flat.Located in quiet residential area {Adamson Road, Hampstead, LONDON (near Regents Park, next to Swiss Cottage underground), NW3 }within a 1-minute walk from the Swiss Cottage underground station, in a peaceful residential area just north of Regent's Park yet only minutes away from the West End by Tube or bus. Jubilee line provides a fast and direct link to the Waterloo station and the Eurostar terminal and to such tourist destinations as Madame Tussaud's, Oxford Street, Big Ben, Wembley Arena and several others. is fully furnished with digital home cinema, hi-fi system, VCR, DVD player, phone, fax, computer, cable/satellite, internet access, wardrobe, cupboard, Hanging wardrobe, safe deposit box, radio alarm clock, hair dryer, fully air-conditioned, central heating, intruder alarm, fire alarm and more. Large fully equipped kitchen, 2 toilets and unlimited wireless internet.
I dont want any problem for myself.., i need to know the person that will occupy my apartment that is, the person that willl take care of my apartment like theirs because am letting the flat out because am presently in manchester working. It is not compulsory that i rent out the flat but if i can get a reliable and tidy person that will take care of my flat for me i can let it out.so i need to know them better i.e what you and your partner do for a living.
Rent Includes

Electricity
Gas
Water Charge
Council Tax
Lease
internet

#280676 by Ivetaaa Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:19 pm
Hello
Thanks for your mail. I am a very young comfortable professional,26 who works in a recording company as a studio manager.I would like to rent out a studio Flat to a very easy going person at 600 per month including all bills ,available now for you to occupy.its a self contained apartment..My apartment is very comfortable fully furnished flat .Located in quiet residential area ,is fully furnished with digital home cinema, hi-fi system, DVD player, phone, fax, computer, cable/satellite, internet access, wardrobe, cupboard, Hanging wardrobe, safe deposit box, radio alarm clock, hair dryer, fully air-conditioned, central heating, intruder alarm, fire alarm and more. fully equipped kitchen, toilet and unlimited wireless internet.
I dont want any problem for myself.., i need to know the person that will occupy my apartment that is, the person that will take care of my apartment like theirs because am letting the flat out because am presently in manchester working. It is not compulsory that i rent out the flat but if i can get a reliable and tidy person that will take care of my flat for me i can let it out.so i need to know them better i.e what you and your partner do for a living.

Rent Includes

Electricity
Gas
Water Charge
Council Tax
Lease
internet

:yikes:
I received this message and This person is lie , what I should do can I report to police?
His email [email protected]

Two days ago I have emailing the same person just he was renting another flat
Hello,

My name is Hellen, I am from Denmark and the flat is still available for rent. It was redecorated last year is looking very nice and clean. Has a fully furnished kitchen, clean and well tidy room, fully furnished with home utilities like: shower, Lounge, Vacuum Cleaner, Toaster, Oven and microwave, dryer, iron, washing machine , refrigerator , dishwasher, heater, cable ready, TV set and DVD player, Internet connection, equipped kitchen and everything a house needs. I'm interested in finding someone clean who can take care of this house more then getting money from renting it if you know what I mean.

The price I want is £620 for entire flat monthly, bills included and I am interested in a long term agreement, minimum 3 months!

If you are decided to view the flat and have the money I could come in weekend to show you the flat and maybe sign the tenancy agreement if you like my flat (I am sure you will love it) but first I have to be sure you really do need a place to live because two weeks ago a person told me he is really interested and he asked me to go to London to meet him and sign the tenancy agreement and when I arrived there, no one showed up to rent my place and I lost time and money for nothing. Please accept my apologies if I am rude but I hope you will understand me!

I will wait for your e-mail,
She use different email
[email protected]

Please tell me what I can do to get this person arrested, I am sure some people believe and hive him/her money. :(
#280679 by Tim Atem Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:05 pm
Unfortunately, the chances of these scammers being caught are slim to none. They use fake names, untraceable email and tracking them down is near impossible. If you have sent them money, be sure to file a police report with your local police. Other than that, reporting the scammer emails and contact information here is the best thing you can do to warn others. Thank you for posting!

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5