Room for Rent and other rental scams
#56755 by Con Warner Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:07 am
Love World <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello
I can see you are interested in the ad I have pasted, I am currently in West Africa where I work as a volunteer with the THE SOUTH & WEST AFRICA MISSION(SWAM), here is the site for more details about why I am here in Africa (http://www.swa-ministry.com/). I spent less time in the States so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in Africa that I decided to rent out the house. However, the initial plan was to sell out the house. which I tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the price and it takes longer to sell i am telling you this in case you find the house on another website, that is the old advert So I need a tenant to take care of it but since I am out of the state now, I have received some proposals regarding the rent because it is located in a very good area of Tinley Park, but I still have to make sure it is rented out to someone who can take good care of it. It includes facilities such as water and heat laundry facilities, air condition, internet and telephone access and a car park and other necessary facilities, also comes with trash collection, pets are allowed as well as long as they are not destructive. So if you know you are capable of the task, So get back to me with this below information, Hope you are okay with the price $1000 and security deposit $900.

How are you doing, Hope great,My Family and I sends our heartfelt appreciation and warmth greetings to you. We went through your application and Most especially your mail, You gave us an inner peace of Mind that really got us going. Your Re-assuring mail that our home will be taken care of well as if it were yours is something that makes me want to rent to you.

To sustain the Life we do not really require much. It takes only a little food,something to wear and a place to" lie down". The rich might have an abundance of this things,and the poor may have to struggle to obtain what they need.What difference there is, however, is equalized when life comes to its end-everything comes to naught.(Eccl.9:5-6).

Thus Life to have meaning and worth, it cannot and should not simply consist of things that one can acquire or possess.Whether we are rich or poor,we do not have complete control over how long we may live or whether we will even be alive tomorrow.The bible clear shows that Only God alone is the source of life and only he can grant faithful ones the real life or everlasting life without end in Heaven. You are just an accurate example of the fulfillment of psalm 23..which God has promised to make you lie down in grassy pastures and he further says :

By well watered resting places He shall conduct you, verse 6 says surely Goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life; And you will dwell in the house of the lord forever and ever.I will want you to send me your references number

I would like you to know that we are in need of tenant that would be capable of paying the Rent of $1000 and a security deposit of $900 to make a total of $1900 for move in, is that okay now?Payment Will be made Through Western Union Money Transfer.

Below are the contents of the document that will be shipped to you Via FedEx mailing service to the address you gave to me in the Application Form.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2) Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)
3) The house documentary file.
4) Letter of Access
5) Payment Receipt.
6) Full address and driving direction/description of the house.

How Long You Want the Lease ________________________
Move In Date_______________________
How much did you intend paying as Deposit______________
When do you intended sending the deposit_________________________

I will await reading an email from you soonest for further discussion and arrangements.

Ted Solarz
Ph: +2347043262366 or 0112347043262366

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement