Room for Rent and other rental scams
#420155 by Michelle Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:03 am
Michael R <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: $1000 Beautiful One Bedroom in Pacific Heights

Hi again,

I will do my best to be as transparent as possible during the whole transaction, so to build up confidence and gain peace of mind, I have attached a copy of my PASSPORT to this email. Also please know that you will receive official documents from FlipKey also, before depositing them.

Regarding the process, you will have to deposit the first-month rent + last month's rent, a total of 2000$ (1000+1000) to FlipKey , so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the rental package (keys and documents). Once you receive the keys, you can go and inspect the apartment. Please know that I will pay for all the fees that FlipKey will take. (transaction and shipping fees).

Below I will explain step by step how the transaction with the FlipKey works, to avoid any misunderstanding please READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING STEPS:

1 - To start the process all I need is your contact information: full name, mailing address (street, number, city and postal code), cell phone number, a move-in date and lease agreement preferred (e.g. 6 months or 1-year rental contract with the option of renewal). The lease agreement will be a standard one from the government.

2 - Once I will have your contact information and your approval, I will go to the FlipKey office (UK) to start the transaction and I will give them the apartment keys and necessary documents.

3 - FlipKey will check everything, including the ownership documents, and if everything is in the order they will proceed with the transaction. They will also confirm that I'm the legal owner of the apartment I'm renting to you.

4 - FlipKey will send you a notification (via email) where they will inform you that the keys and the documents are in their custody. Also, they will send you all the steps, how to proceed and all the transaction details.

5 - At this point, you need to send the amount of 2000$(1st-month rent + last month rent) to the FlipKey payments representative (lawyer escrow account) provided to you in the notification. THE PAYMENT NEEDS TO BE SENT WITHIN 24 BUSINESS HOURS AFTER YOU WILL RECEIVE THE TRANSACTION DETAILS OR ELSE THEY WILL CHARGE ME AN ADDITIONAL FEE.

6 - As soon as the payment is completed you need to send the payment details to FlipKey . (a copy of the receipt proving that you sent them the deposit).

7 - FlipKey will verify the payment and if everything is in the order they will start shipping procedures using UPS Next Day Shipping Service.

8 - You will receive the package (keys and documents) and you will have 5 business days (inspection time) to check the place and decide if you want to rent it.

9 - If you decide to rent the apartment you just need to sign the lease agreement that FlipKey sends, email it to them and they will release the funds to me. If after the 5 days inspection you will decide not to rent the apartment, FlipKey will refund the whole deposit.

PLEASE NOTE:

Your deposit is INSURED by FlipKey, this means that if you will not sign the lease agreement for any reason, FlipKey will refund you the whole deposit, so you are 100% protected.
They CANNOT release the funds without your approval, they can do it ONLY after you will send them the lease agreement with your signature. (after the 5 days inspection period).
FlipKey will send you official documents (invoice, rental agreement, and insurance document) BEFORE sending the deposit to them.

From my point of view, everything is safe and the reward for going forward with this process is big. Also, because it's a SELF-SHOWING process, I find it normal (common sense) that you need to make the deposit first, as a guarantee. I hope you share my opinion because I cannot modify the terms of the transaction in any way, so, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL THE TRANSACTION STEPS.

Let me know if you have the funds available (2000$) so we can move forward. If you do have the funds available and agree with the transaction steps, please email me your full information (full name and address and cell number) so we can get the transaction started.

If you have any further questions regarding the transaction please let me know.

Waiting for your reply!

Thanks

Michael

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#420156 by Michelle Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:06 am
Michael R < [email protected]>

My phone number is +44.741835.2900 (UK phone number), please note that you may need to dial 011-44.741835.2900, where 011 is the International Dialing Prefix. I am new at work and I try to avoid speaking on the phone, if I am not able to respond, I will do my best to call you asap.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.