Room for Rent and other rental scams
#423150 by Michelle Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:18 am
Patrick Walsh <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm contacting you regarding the apartment you're interested to rent.
> My name is Patrick Walsh. I'm a 60 year old retired pilot for British Airways.The apartment is privately owned by my and my wife and it's available immediately.The apartment is family and pet friendly and it comes furnished and fully equipped (washing machine, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, digital TV, wireless broadband) It also has air conditioning and gas heating.Parking available for one car.
>
> You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you will have access to a very large and well-ventilated storage, where you can put my furniture.
>
> The monthly rent is £900(for the whole apartment)+£1000 security deposit(which will be secured using a tenancy deposit scheme).Internet, digital television,council tax,water and gas are included but you will have to pay electricity (£50-60/month) which will be on your name and you can use it as proof of address.
>
> Due to this COVID situation and many losing their jobs this is a reduced and more than fair price.Not negotiable.
>
> I would like to know a few things about you if you don't mind
>
> -Do you work and where?
> -For how long would you like to rent it and when you want to move in?
> -Who will be living in the apartment?
>
> Preferably I would like a 1 year renewable contract but I'm ok with a 6 months renewable contract as well
>
> Thank you for your interest and look forward to future cooperation and friendship.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Patrick Walsh

Patrick Walsh <[email protected]>

Unfortunately due to this COVID situation and new restrictions the Landlord Association recommended all rentals should be done through Airbnb in order to limit the number of viewings to those who can prove they are ready, willing, and able to pay the rent.

I used to rent the apartment for short terms on Airbnb,where I'm a superhost with 50 reviews, and had a weekly price but now it's much safer and profitable to rent it for long term.

If you are interested in renting the apartment you will have to book it through Airbnb platform.
Airbnb, Inc. provides an online platform that connects landlords who have accommodations to rent with tenants seeking to rent such accommodations.

You have to book from their website and pay directly to them (first month rent+security deposit).After the booking is complete and the payment verified an Airbnb representative will contact you to arrange a meeting at the apartment where you will be able to sign the contract and move in immediately or on a date you choose and the contract will start from that date.

If by any reason you decide not to sign the contract they will give you a full refund (no hidden fees) but i'm sure this won't be the case because the apartment is like described and the photos are accurate.The money will be released to me only after the contract is signed and you move in.

This being said,If you're ready to secure the apartment send me a copy of your id showing the name of the tenant and I will send you a booking request.I will also send you a copy of my ID showing my name as the landlord which will be on the contract.

Kind Regards,
Patrick Walsh

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement