Room for Rent and other rental scams
#57679 by Con Warner Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:44 am
Derene Hinchliff <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for mailing me regarding the house are still available, but now I'm on a business trip to West Africa. I bid for a portion of petroleum land sometimes ago in West Africa and luckily I won, so I have to move quickly down to Africa to have my office set up in the oil and gas field. I came over here with my wife and we both bought the house, when we got married. As soon as we settle down here I had an idea of selling the house, so I have to look for an agent but eventually my wife advised me on selling the house. I reasoned with her and accepted her advice. So I contacted the agency back and requested for my keys and documents. Later we decided to keep the house rented, we would have given the same agent this job, but the fact of the matter is that the agent would need to hold it professionally and the lessee may not be able to cause along with him later and more some I do not have anyone in the area I can leave the keys behind with so that is why I posted ad myself. If you notice the price we are offering is far below normal price and I this is enough for you to know that we are not after the rental fee but the entire care for the property. I know there is no way we can be sure that you are the right person to live in the house because we would not be able to meet physically before sending you the keys and the documents to occupy the property. The property is available for as long as you want and if you drive by the house you may see a sign there, you have nothing to worry about it belongs to my former company so you don't have to call them because they do not have access to the house anymore and also I can have contact him to verify this story.

Please if you are ready now to occupy the house kindly provide the information below for record purpose

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF
Full Name__________________________________________________ Home Phone ( ) ________________________
Date of Birth_________________________________
Other Phone ( ) ___________________
Current Address_______________________________Apt#________ City__________________ State______ Zip________
Reasons for Leaving____________________________Rent $__________Phone ( ) ____________________________
Are you married____________________________
How many people will be living in the house____________________________
Do you have a pet____________________________
Do you have a car____________________________
Occupation____________________________
Move In Date____________________________

P.S: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW THE INTERIOR PART OF THE HOUSE BECAUSE I HAVE THE KEYS HERE WITH ME BUT I CAN SEND YOU PICTURES.

House Address
732 Farringdon Lane, Burlingame CA 94010

Mr & Mrs Hinchliff
+234-802-953-1391
011-234-802-953-1391

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union or MoneyGram with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Thanks very much for your reply and also I can see your willingness in my house . I have decided to let you live in my house. The house is available now, you have to provide the security deposit of $1500 and the first month rent to hold the house, and also we will send the keys and document of the house to you via FEDEX to the address you send to me and the tracking number will be sent to you. Please once again,we are giving you this on trust and do not disappoint us, and I promise you that you will love the house. So I am with the below document here with me, and I will like to know whether you are ready for the payment.

Here are the contents of the document.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys

2)Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)

3)The house documentary file.

4)Payment Receipt.

5)Full address and description of the house

So pls get back to me today.
I await your reply ASAP.
Regard and God bless you!!!

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement