Room for Rent and other rental scams
#425598 by Michelle Thu May 20, 2021 9:17 am
Von: V R Estela <[email protected]>

Thank you for your very quick response, as I told you I am in Spain and no one could help me show you the apartment.
You will only have to receive the keys and the contract to check it and see if you like it!
In order to do that, I found a way for us to complete the rent safely and fast so you will receive the keys and papers in less than 3 days.

The solution I chose is provided by a well known company called Trivago, they handle rentals for people who are unable to solve them alone (as is my situation), so they will handle both the delivery and payment issues.

You will receive a proforma invoice from them directly to your email address, where you will find their payment information that you will use to make the deposit, 1 month rent + security deposit = 1400 EUR.

After Trivago will receive and confirm your deposit, they will start delivery procedures in order to receive the keys and the contract to check and see if you like the apartment.
You will have 2 days to decide whether you want to rent it or not.
In case you do not want to rent the apartment for any reason you will receive a refund from Trivago immediately.

In the event that you understood all conditions and you want to initiate this rental through Trivago, I will need a copy of your id, your details (full name, current address, phone number) + the date when you want to move.

Best regards,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification -- Make no mistake, the document will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities

Advertisement