Room for Rent and other rental scams
#426855 by Michelle Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:35 am

Hello,
I am writing to you about the interest in my apartment.
My name is Karina Dorothea Falk and I am the owner of the apartment that you have shown interest in. Let me tell you that my family and I moved to England where I own a restaurant so we don't see each other too often.

The monthly rent for the entire apartment is 600 euros (including all costs: electricity, water, etc.) and the deposit is 1,800 euros.
The apartment is available with the current furniture or with your furniture. TV and internet connection are included in the rental price.

Inside: washing machine, microwave, vacuum cleaner, refrigerator, stove. 1 parking space available.
The apartment has a balcony and is located in Glockengasse 25, 50667, Cologne

At the beginning I have a few questions:
- How many people are in the apartment?
- How long do you want to stay?
- Do you have a job or are you a student?
- How do you pay the rent or get help from the workplace?

I am an architect. In the past 2 years I have had a lot of projects in the UK, right now I have some projects here and I am not thinking of going back to Germany too early. The only reason the rent is lower is because I own the place and am free from real estate agency commissions which can be outrageous at times.

Greetings from Great Britain!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement