Room for Rent and other rental scams
#427090 by Michelle Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:39 am
Sabrina Scioscia <[email protected]> wrote:

You can rent my apartment for an unlimited period. The price per month is € 800 including (gas, water, internet, electricity, TV, garage).
I work on a big project in Binz / Germany. We do have a solution for this inconvenience so you can move in as soon as possible. I do not have the time to meet every potential renter, so I choose to use Airbnb. I use Airbnb service only at the beginning, to find a tenant.
To visit and rent the apartment I will use Airbnb, Inc. provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations.
The Airbnb Company will require confirmation which is first 2 months + a security deposit of € 800 - is required at the start of the lease and it will be refunded at the end of the contract (a 30 day notice is required). After these first 2 months you will send the rent monthly directly to my personal bank account.
You have to book the first 2 months from their website and from the moment your booking is confirmed, an Airbnb representative will contact you about viewing and you can move in straight away.
First you have to book it and one of their representatives will contact you to arrange the appointment. The meeting will take place in the apartment and he will give you the keys and sign a contract for the period wanted by you (we will make a fixed lease on French law between us minimum 2 months up to 10 years).
I would like to know how many people you intend to share the apartment with, and for how long.
Any other details about yourself would be appreciated. I'm looking to rent the apartment to someone who will take care of it as his own.
I've invested a lot in this apartment and I'm sure you'll love it.

So I guess this is it for now, I hope I didn't forget anything.
Thanks for your time!

Subject: Re: Paris - | 2 rooms-apartment | 40.00 m² | € 800 |

Let me explain the procedure. In order to view the apartment you have to submit through Airbnb first 2 months rent and security deposit. You have to pay directly to them, not to me. Only after your deposit is registered in their escrow bank account in max 48 hours an agent from Airbnb will contact you to establish a meeting place with the keys and the documents. You have 2 days to inspect the apartment and make a decision, If you don't like the apartment you will receive all your money back from Airbnb in 24 hours. If you like the apartment then you will sign the contract, they will release the payment to me and you will be able to move in the next 24 hours or at your convenience.
The agent will arrange the visit and if you decide to rent the apartment, you must sign the contract of rent during the period wanted by you (we will make a fixed rent contract regarding French law between us).

For the first 2 months you will have nothing else to pay, because once you decide to move in the apartment, Airbnb will transfer the money to my bank account. Starting the 3rd month, you will pay the monthly rent in my personal account.
I'm pretty sure that you will love the apartment, but if not, you still have the option to cancel and get your money back from the Airbnb Guests Protection, immediately.
In this way, both are safe.

In order to reserve the apartment, I need the following information (complete name of the future tenant; direct telephone number;). Also I need a copy of your ID or passport to complete all the necessary papers for you as a future tenant. After that, I will list the apartment on Airbnb and I will send you the link so you can book it .

P.S. Please bear in mind that this is a payment authorization and not a payment, which means, you will not pay for anything at this stage. Your proof deposit is for their insurance because their biggest concern is that they need to be sure you are really interested in renting the place and to show that you are ready, willing, and able to pay for the rent.

Looking forward for your answer,
Best regards,

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement