Room for Rent and other rental scams
#429173 by Michelle Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:53 am

Hello,

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in: Am Duffesbach 23, 50677 Köln. It has 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen (40 m2). The rent is 550 euro/month included additional cost (warm rent). The security deposit is 1350 euro, and you get it back when you decide to leave the apartment (you will have to give me at least 30 days' notice).
A little bit about myself so we can get to know each other better.
So, I am Aneta Praschil I am 51 Years old, I have 54-year-old husband Robert and we work in the software industry in the quality management department of a company located Madrid, which specializes in government software. I'm renting the apartment for unlimited time. As for me, you can rest assured that I will never ask you to leave the apartment. You will have access to a very large and well-ventilated cellar, where you can store things if you need to.
I would like to know something about you, for example, your occupation, financial situation, monthly income for people who will live in the apartment, how many people will have to live at home and for how long do you plan to stay?

I hope you got a good first impression, and please if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Would love to hear back from you!
Kind regards from Spain,
Aneta Praschil

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#429179 by Michelle Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:10 pm
Aneta Praschil <[email protected]>

Thank you for your reply.
The apartment is available for a long-term rental and is exactly as you can see in the pictures, so you can rent as long as you want. There will be a regular contract between us. You will have a completed residence registration form, signed by me. Registration at the address is possible.
As I said in my previous email, I live in Madrid and will have to come and show you the apartment and sign the rental agreement.
After moving to Madrid, we started renting the apartment through Airbnb.com, but it has been quite a hard time for me to come often and check everything, so I decided to rent the apartment for long terms. Airbnb provides an online platform that connects hosts who have accommodations to rent with guests seeking to rent such accommodations. I am Airbnb member since 2015 with good reviews.
Like any other transactions on Airbnb, they will handle the payment and it will be released to me only after you check in. By any chance the apartment would not suit you, you have the option to cancel the reservation and get full refund.
After you confirm the booking and payment to Airbnb, you will receive the keys so you can inspect the apartment. I use Airbnb because they are one of the biggest rental companies around the world and I really trust them.

If everything sounds good to you, I will start the transaction with Airbnb. I will need your full name, your actual address, phone number, the date you want to move in and the maximum estimated period of your stay.

Best regards,
Aneta

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice or notification - Make no mistake, the document will be fake!
If you are reading this because you -have received such an invoice or notification, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.